• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
There are 7 pure-bred female Samoyeds who need a "forever home" because their owner/breeder is losing her battle with breast cancer. She can no longer care for her dogs and has been moved to Hospice after being in the hospital for a week.

The dogs are in the Atlanta, GA, area, but they will allow them to be adopted out of state. All the owner/breeder wants is for all of these girls to get good homes.

Currently, they are not wanting to place any of the dogs in foster care because they are trying to move the dogs only once. My understanding is that the older animals have been spayed. Because she is a breeder, the younger dogs are not spayed; however the new family would need to have the dog spayed if she is less than seven years. (The dogs range in age from 1.5 years to more senior dogs.) One look at their picture (below) shows how extraordinarily beautiful these dogs are. (I count 8 in the picture, but perhaps one has been placed already.) All are healthy and well cared for, up to date on shots, heartworm, flea treatment, etc. The new "forever" home will need to have a fenced yard with sufficient space for an active dog. The folks who are placing the Samoyeds for the owner may do a home visit either before, after, or both to ensure that the dog and their new family are a good fit.

If you think you might be interested the contact info for her friend who is trying to place the dogs is v.a.simmons@att.net.

Thanks for giving this the widest distribution possible.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
They are beautiful, BR. I like the one with her tongue hanging out and the one with her head on the chair. What a shame that she has to give up those beauties. I hope she can fight the fight and come out winning.

I bet one would like to have fun playing in the snow in New York. :wave:

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
Beautiful dogs...we had one when I was little, but gave her away. We lived on a busy road and she had to be penned up.

Seriously, Mango--they would be happier with you. I always feel sorry for those thick-coated breeds in the Southern sun.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
Beautiful dogs...we had one when I was little, but gave her away. We lived on a busy road and she had to be penned up.

Seriously, Mango--they would be happier with you. I always feel sorry for those thick-coated breeds in the Southern sun.

So sad for their owner -- she is to be commended for finding them homes now. I hope she can keep fighting.

The dogs are beautiful and I have to say I am tempted, but I did a little reading and I don't think it would be appropriate to bring one of them down here.

Thanks, TFT, for your interest.

You know, it used to take me a couple of rolls of film to get our annual Christmas card photo ONE young child. She just wouldn't stay still.

Those are some pretty amazing dogs if they are so well trained that the breeder could get a photo of all EIGHT of them all looking at the camera. I don't think the photographer was holding up a steak -- they would have not been so relaxed and would have pounced on the photographer.

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
Thanks, TFT, for your interest.

You know, it used to take me a couple of rolls of film to get our annual Christmas card photo ONE young child. She just wouldn't stay still.

Those are some pretty amazing dogs if they are so well trained that the breeder could get a photo of all EIGHT of them all looking at the camera. I don't think the photographer was holding up a steak -- they would have not been so relaxed and would have pounced on the photographer.

They're also naturally sweet-tempered. Good with children.

Apr 16, 2005
Buckeye Country
Wow, that is an amazing picture. Each and every one are beautiful and def well trained to be able to pose like that. She sounds like a very responsible breeder. Anyone would be very lucky to get one of these dogs. Good luck to finding homes for them! Since I'm in the process of raising a puppy I can really appreciate the hard work that goes into it. :clap:

I'll keep the owner in my prayers.