• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
hutch said:
I have changed cell phone companies twice. Does anyone on the board know who's cell phone reception is the best on 30A and around Destin Area? The Sandestin area is the worse for drop calls.

thanks

the hutch
Alltel is the best for all of 30-A and surrounding area. I have tried them all, except for the new Cingular/ATT, but they have the worst complaints for customer service nationwide. A rep at Alltel recently told me that due to the massive crowds that we tend to experience, such as Atlanta spring break, that they will be adding another tower to help handle the volume.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Cingular/ATT actually has good coverage in the area, but the cs complaints are very true. After the merger, we somehow ended up with two seperate accounts, account numbers, and bills from them. Mr. Mouse spent mucho time with their cs reps on the phone trying to get it all straightened out, and I'm still not sure it's right.

GVM

Beach Lover
Dec 25, 2004
I was about to switch for overall coverage problems, but since with merger with AT&T, Cingular coverage is very good, 30-A area, Destin, and Panama City included. I've been an Atlanta area customer for a long time, so didn't have any customer service problems resulting from the AT&T merger.

lenzoe

Beach Fanatic
Cingular is better since the merger, but I still can't get reception when I'm on the sand at our place -- though I can from inside the house, which is an improvement from before the merger.

My wife has T-Mobile and her coverage is not good.

We had visitors from up north with Verizon service and their coverage was amazingly good.

lenzoe said:
Cingular is better since the merger, but I still can't get reception when I'm on the sand at our place -- though I can from inside the house, which is an improvement from before the merger.

My wife has T-Mobile and her coverage is not good.

We had visitors from up north with Verizon service and their coverage was amazingly good.

We were out a BigSky this Feb. Only the Verizon customers (of which I am) could get a signal. I also have great reception all over SoWal :cool:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I still use Alltel, and have not noticed much change. It still has pretty good coverage in most of this area, most of the time.