• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Auburn beat LSU! :clap:On the other hand, the bad news is that LSU was the only SEC team in the top 25. :sosad:

Gators beat KY! :clap:Hope this helps the Gators, even though they're obviously not the team they were two years ago. Did Billy D slack on recruiting? Calathes is great. Tyus the freshman looks promising. But the Gators should have been able to recruit replacements for Noah :love:, Horford, and Brewer.:sosad:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Auburn beat LSU! :clap:On the other hand, the bad news is that LSU was the only SEC team in the top 25. :sosad:

Gators beat KY! :clap:Hope this helps the Gators, even though they're obviously not the team they were two years ago. Did Billy D slack on recruiting? Calathes is great. Tyus the freshman looks promising. But the Gators should have been able to recruit replacements for Noah :love:, Horford, and Brewer.:sosad:

So I guess there won't be any March Madness for you?

So I guess there won't be any March Madness for you?
Some predictions after today's win over KY say we'll be in, dependent upon how the Gators do in the SEC tourney. Can Calathes carry the entire team? Probably not.:sosad:

Edit: UTenn just got beaten by Bama. CBS says the Gators will go to the big dance. Of course, they'll probably play a highly-seeded team and get beaten first round. Better than NIT.

Big game coming up -- Duke :)clap:) versus UNC (even though hubby has an MBA from UNC -- Duke saved his life). Big D just got back from Duke on Friday (great report -- doesn't need to go back for any more checkups there) and bought new sweatshirts.

Last edited:

krafty

Beach Lover
Jul 16, 2005
North Dakota
How 'bout those NDSU Bison? First year eligible in DI tourny, won Summit League title.

Not expecting a miracle, but Ben Woodside is something else and it's all good for ND!!!

IRIETYMES

Beach Lover
Jul 9, 2007
Tourny time in Dixie! Yippee! Watch those University of Memphis b'ballers again this year. Most of us didn't expect them to make it into the top 10 much less 4 or 5 at this time of year, but Calipari bought, er, recruited and coached and forged them into another great college basketball team. We believe they'll sweep the C-USA tournament, then make it as a 2nd seed somewhere hostile (we don't get any respect, ever), and make it into the Elite 8. After that, only the gods know. Gooooooo TIGERS!,

Last edited by a moderator:

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
OOOPS! spoke too soon...

Well, you have to admit that the 5'9" Brock for Bama got lucky on that 3 pointer to win the game, he literally threw up a hail mary from nearly half court, that was nothing more than a luck shot. But we get our chance at them again tomorrow night. And Bruce Pearl was at the Bama Vandy game tonight making notes. He will have our game plan figured out very quickly. He already knows what we need to do. Bama won't get by with all of those slam dunks tomorrow night against the Vols like they did against Vandy, they didn't last Sunday. Besides, the Vols are better than Vandy.

destinscuba

Beach Lover
May 9, 2007
on Eastern Lake
Last edited:

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Tourny time in Dixie! Yippee! Watch those University of Memphis b'ballers again this year. Most of us didn't expect them to make it into the top 10 much less 4 or 5 at this time of year, but Calipari bought, er, recruited and coached and forged them into another great college basketball team. We believe they'll sweep the C-USA tournament, then make it as a 2nd seed somewhere hostile (we don't get any respect, ever), and make it into the Elite 8. After that, only the gods know. Gooooooo TIGERS!,

I guess they will win the tournament when the other teams in C-USA are high school level teams. Everyone knows the C-USA is the weakest conference in both football and basketball. And they especially will win the tournament when it is always played in the FEDEX forum. Kind of unfair to all the other teams. Look at the SEC tournament, it is being played in a neutral site, all the teams have a fair chance.

I could say more but I won't. Because it would be all negative about the Tigers. But I will say this, they make themselves look good because they schedule most of their games against unranked teams, most of the games. That is why their strength of schedule is not good. They may have played 3 or 4 ranked teams this season.