• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Vols 86, Bama 62. :D Now we face Auburn tomorrow as Auburn took down Florida 61-58. Of course, we got beaten by Auburn earlier in the year, I thought badly but the score was 78-77 Auburn, not at all what I thought the score was, so now is the time to redeem ourselves.

Auburn plays some good ball, but Florida played good ball tonight also, just came up a little short. Go Vols.

Last edited:

IRIETYMES

Beach Lover
Jul 9, 2007
Aw Come on, Lady....

Let's get a lighter touch here about college basketball. First, loudmouth Pearl and his thug minions in KnoxPatch have a good schedule, play hard basketball and all, but they are also heavily paid to play for that goofy Pearl (in my opinion), and like most other Div. 1 b'ball teams (and other athletic top tier programs) it's lll about the MONEY, honey, and although you may like to believe that the Vom's, er, Vols are the cats meow, they aren't the meow as much as the cat's hairball as evidenced by their many losses this season including the one to the TIGERS of Memphis. Alo we ever hear from the Patch are mewlings and excuses and then some bombastic put down of their state rivals in Memphis. Sho, we are underfunded in football and relatively unattractive as well, but we still field a great b'ball team, have a super coach, and lots of support and love to go with it all. So say some mo for the folks in the upper tiers. Let's hear it for whatever brings you to slice n dice the TIGERS because when the shoutin's over, the Vols will be watching on the sidelines while the TIGERS will be headed up the ladder. And so what about the FedEx Forum? It's not like we demand the C-USA tourny be played there and it's not like we designed the conference to be weak sisters. Stuff happens like that, Momma say. So come on with it....wear those goofy white shoes, dye your hair orange and put on those orange outfits ya'll love, then gimme some love down heah in the Southern corner of the state. Next?

colinb

Beach Comber
Mar 4, 2008
I have to agree with InletBchOwnr on this one Lady D! Bruce Pearl is the Steve Spurrier of college basketball. Hes a freak...he apparently spends alot of time in the tanning bed, he wears a horribly offensive orange sport coat and he looks like an oompahloompah! Get your facts straight D. Here is a link to the RPI which is all about strength of schedule. At the begining of the season the Vols were one spot ahead of the Tigers...but now that its March, and thats were it really counts its no contest.
WarrenNolan.com - 2008-2009 College Basketball - Ratings Percentage Index (RPI)

Check yousef before you wreck yousef Lady D!!! Know the facts....but yall do have Pat Head Summit !!!

aggieb

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2007
ibx
I have to agree with InletBchOwnr on this one Lady D! Bruce Pearl is the Steve Spurrier of college basketball. Hes a freak...he apparently spends alot of time in the tanning bed, he wears a horribly offensive orange sport coat and he looks like an oompahloompah! Get your facts straight D. Here is a link to the RPI which is all about strength of schedule. At the begining of the season the Vols were one spot ahead of the Tigers...but now that its March, and thats were it really counts its no contest.

Check yousef before you wreck yousef Lady D!!! Know the facts....but yall do have Pat Head Summit !!!
:roll:

OMC! MSU beat LSU, the only SEC team in the top 25! And #1 UNC lost. What a crazy tournament season! Mizzou is winning, so I'm sure Miss Kitty is happy.

Speaking of Mizzou, as I've mentioned before, hubby's best friend is called "Mizzou" because his dad was the famous John (Hi) Simmons of Missouri. They were both on the Tulane basketball team. Mizzou was best man at our wedding. Hubby and Mizzou are playing in a golf tournament in Charlotte next month. Good times! Missouri is having a hard time with Baylor right now. :eek:

Last edited:

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Let's get a lighter touch here about college basketball. First, loudmouth Pearl and his thug minions in KnoxPatch have a good schedule, play hard basketball and all, but they are also heavily paid to play for that goofy Pearl (in my opinion), and like most other Div. 1 b'ball teams (and other athletic top tier programs) it's lll about the MONEY, honey, and although you may like to believe that the Vom's, er, Vols are the cats meow, they aren't the meow as much as the cat's hairball as evidenced by their many losses this season including the one to the TIGERS of Memphis. Alo we ever hear from the Patch are mewlings and excuses and then some bombastic put down of their state rivals in Memphis. Sho, we are underfunded in football and relatively unattractive as well, but we still field a great b'ball team, have a super coach, and lots of support and love to go with it all. So say some mo for the folks in the upper tiers. Let's hear it for whatever brings you to slice n dice the TIGERS because when the shoutin's over, the Vols will be watching on the sidelines while the TIGERS will be headed up the ladder. And so what about the FedEx Forum? It's not like we demand the C-USA tourny be played there and it's not like we designed the conference to be weak sisters. Stuff happens like that, Momma say. So come on with it....wear those goofy white shoes, dye your hair orange and put on those orange outfits ya'll love, then gimme some love down heah in the Southern corner of the state. Next?

Inlet BchOwner, what is up with the blue shoes with the RTL on them? That stands for ready to lose right??? When the tigers lose in the NCAA tournament what will Memphis do with those shoes, sell them to pay for the Toom of Doom Pyramid??? :lol: Not a thing wrong with the Vols orange, the best color ever. The Tigers are nothing more than street ball players. :D

And Mayor McCheese, Pearl is not a freak, not like Calipari is. And the orange sport coat is lovely. Worn by the famous coach Ray Mears. It has been worn by every coach since Mears during certain games. And I have my facts straight, I know more about college hoops than you think.

Vols strength of schedule rank is #2, the Memphis Tigers strength of schedule rank is #48. I give the Tigers two rounds, if lucky. Memphis was wanting to be in a stronger conference, no other conference wants them, and why is that??? Because they will make their conference weaker.

Doesn't bother me much that the Vols lost by 2 points to Memphis this year, remember the loss to us last year and the whipping Memphis took the year before that in Knoxville, 18 pts. Our team is playing good ball right now and will be playing for the SEC title tomorrow. I expect us to win. We already took out Mississippi State earlier this year. Anyway, I could say a good deal more but won't stoop to that level. Enough said.

Last edited:

colinb

Beach Comber
Mar 4, 2008
The Tiger basketball program has nothing to do with the Pyramid..once again you are misinformed! Umm last I checked ya boyz Wayne Chism and Bobby Maze(is that his real name or his rap persona?) had some street cred as well Lady! So the Tigers are street players cause they play a scrappy, uptempo frantic end to end style? Works for me sister ...and apparently its that same "street ball" that got them to the National Championship game right? Ray Mears...the name means absolutely nothing to me. Just another Vol legend I suppose you all worship up on Rocky Top. Who are you kidding Lady..that orange sportcoat is hideous. Kinda matches his orange skin though so its only fitting. Wow..looks like the Tigers will begiven a #1 seed tomorrow. Bet you will be on pins and needles during the selection show to hear about your Vols huh? Might be a good change of pace to hear about the Vols in another light rather than it being about Lane Kiffin making thinly veiled racist comments about other SEC schools. You know you all have a real good thing going up there on Rocky Top. Id be ashamed...oh and GO STATE!!!