• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Babyblue

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2006
Seagrove Beach
Does anyone know hat happened at Commodores Retreat? I live across the street from it and have watch the remodeling of the building. New decks, new exterior etc. Well today all of the construction equipment was removed and the building stands empty wrapped in tyvek. :dunno:

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
I thinks I know.

I know a few people who own there.....it's a mess and very unfortunate!

Large assessments after multiple hurricanes causing discreet damage, evidently. Bldg. needed a loan to complete repairs, market (lending) tanked and can't get financing. It's an awful situation! There are some rumblings of foreclosures from individual owners there as well. This will domino for that building.

I stayed there with Sweet Pea when I was down looking for my cottage and it's a great place (location, etc.). I hope they can get back on their feet soon. Babyblue, I've been emailed pics and it's an eyesore, definitely. I hope all of you on that charming street are fairing well! ;-)

Cheers and hang in there~~~~~~

Babyblue

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2006
Seagrove Beach
Thanks for the info. Do you know who the contractor was? I just notice that when they were taking the equipment out they tore up my curb in front of my house.

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
Thanks for the info. Do you know who the contractor was? I just notice that when they were taking the equipment out they tore up my curb in front of my house.

Yikes, no I don't know. But, check with the permit office. Good luck!! ;-)