• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

tide12

Beach Lover
May 9, 2006
I'm probably going to check it out this weekend, along with the new Lake Place. Went to "old faithful", Cafe 30A last night. That place never disappoints me.

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
I'm probably going to check it out this weekend, along with the new Lake Place. Went to "old faithful", Cafe 30A last night. That place never disappoints me.

My son took his wife there on friday and said it was excellent. They enjoyed everything about the experience.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I had lunch at Caliza with Olive a while back. It was fabulous (the company was even better!) The ambience in the daytime cannot be beat, so the evening dining must be out of this world. We will be dining here on our next trip!

P.S. I have a crush on Alys Beach. ;-)

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
The evening menu looks great. It has a good selection of foods, and everything I tried was delicious. I forgot to get a menu to post, but maybe someone else will do so. Loved the Risotto with Calamari and FL Citrus Oil, fresh pasta with chicken, the Beets (appetizer), Terrine of Foie Gras and Terrine of Lamb. Also enjoyed the mixed platter of chilled seafood which included oysters, shrimp, lobster, clams, & blue crab claws.

If you want a real treat, Brooke is the Sommelier and very knowledgeable regarding wines. Let her assist you with a selection.

The service is good.

From what I see, if you want to go, make reservations. The atmosphere is such that you will want to be there for the entire evening, so I don't expect to see many table turns.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
Shayne is the chef, so I am sure it is wonderful.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I think Olivier (sp?) was actually cooking the night we went. Didn't see Shayne's car.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
I think Olivier (sp?) was actually cooking the night we went. Didn't see Shayne's car.
He might have been off, but Shayne has been there for a while, from what Chickpea told me.

HeyJude

Beach Comber
Oct 2, 2008
He might have been off, but Shayne has been there for a while, from what Chickpea told me.

Shayne is the Chef during lunch which serves only to to homeowners/guests. Olivier Gaupin is the man behind Caliza Restaurant.