• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
So I gave the guy permission to use my photos. He seems like a nice guy. he has a place in the area and seems to have good intentions.

They are doing a 2 minute segment on our gator this Saturday afternoon on The Fox News Channel. He asked if they could interview me live but I can't do it because my son has a baseball game. I think my friend Keen (who was right there with me when I took the pics) is going to do the interview. I have no doubt that he will help ensure our area is presented in a positive light. Also- he is all for saving the gator.

Last edited:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
So I gave the guy permission to use my photos. He seems like a nice guy. he has a place in the area and seems to have good intentions.

They are doing a 2 minute segment on our gator this Saturday afternoon on The Fox News Channel. He asked if they could interview me live but I can't do it because my son has a baseball game. I think my friend Keen (who was right there with me when I took the pics) is going to do the interview. I have no doubt that he will help ensure we are presented in a positive light. Also- he is all for saving the gator.

Oh great- now you are famous and we will have to give you the chair of honor at Koffee Klatch.:roll:;-)

And for what it is worth, I don't think there will be any tourists canceling their vacation plans after hearing about an alligator at the beach. If anything, it might bring more people here!

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Maybe the writer can compare the number of gator "attacks" to dog attacks in the US, to try and get the message across that we don't have to kill everything that potentially causes a threat. In reality, gators probably cause more fear than threat. Automobiles driven by wreckless drivers cause threats, and numerous deaths, but we don't "re-locate" all automobiles, having more than 80 horsepower, to the junk yard.

bdub

Beach Lover
Jan 29, 2008
yay! Geo is a fine American. Appreciate your willingness to let us use the pics. Thanks all for the interesting discussion. and I really will see you all before long. I'll be the guy on Camp Creek Lake in the yellow kayak looking over his shoulder for gators.

bdub

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Don't worry, bdub, no gators on Camp Creek Lake. They have all been relocated to the meat locker.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I had one of my great ideas today - relocate the gator to PROMINENCE! He'd have his own freshwater pond and would be far from people!

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
Monkeys and other discussions aside ... I'm sorry what seemed like a simple request has turned into a big debate.

bdub

My dear new friend,

All of our threads tend toward monkeys, debates, and other discussions. It's our raison d'etre...

Happy publishing,

Noitall

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
How cute to see him frolicking in the surf - from a distance, that is. He must have romped right out of Drapper Lake where Sweet Pea likes to swim sometimes!

Seems like someone told me a couple of years ago they had spied an alligator and Sweet Pea is no longer allowed there - she'd be a meal for a gator like that.

Hope all is well and groovy now~~~~~~~~~~

I digg alligator meat - yummy!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
My dear new friend,

All of our threads tend toward monkeys, debates, and other discussions. It's our raison d'etre...

Happy publishing,

Noitall

Noitall said itall. :clap:

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
yay! Geo is a fine American. Appreciate your willingness to let us use the pics. Thanks all for the interesting discussion. and I really will see you all before long. I'll be the guy on Camp Creek Lake in the yellow kayak looking over his shoulder for gators.

bdub

I should tell you one of my favorite rounds of golf at the Camp Creek golf course was when there was this cute little gator on a back nine par 3. The trick was to get the ball on the opposite side of where gator on the green was sunning. Mission accomplished. Chipped up and then got the ball in the hole. Retrieved and went on with my game. Left gator alone.

Hey Geo, Like your new Avatar. Cute pic.