• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Capstone

Beach Comber
Dec 27, 2005
...We only live about 1 1/2 hours from 30-A. It's easy to cruise down for a quick getaway with my wife, however it seems like everything is a 3 night min.

Sometimes we like to just come down for the day/evening and come home the next day. We have stayed (years ago) at Seagrove Villas....Also tried the Seaside Motor lodge which I was told is no longer.

Anywhere to stay during the off-season for one night? I would consider two nights but don't want to pay $250 per night - ala Watercolor Inn and drop $500 just for a quick weekend.

Thanks for any suggestions.

steele mama

Beach Fanatic
Mar 14, 2005
Newnan, Georgia
:welcome: Capstone. Try Hibisscus. RO, did I spell that right? :dunno: Do a search on SoWal and you'll find them. It's a bed and breakfast and I am pretty sure you can do a one nighter.

steele mama said:
:welcome: Capstone. Try Hibisscus. RO, did I spell that right? :dunno: Do a search on SoWal and you'll find them. It's a bed and breakfast and I am pretty sure you can do a one nighter.

Also Highlands House (Blue Mountain) and Sugar Beach Inn (Seagrove) are two more b&b's that might do one-night stays.

John

Beach Fanatic
Dec 3, 2005
SoWal
ResortQuest rents some condo/hotel rooms nightly in the Gulf Place development (corner of 30A and CR393) if you'd rather not do the B&B thing. For a whole lot more money, there's the highly rated Inn at Watercolor.

We drove down here 26 times in a one-year period while building our home in Seagrove, so we know a lot about one-night stays. We stayed at La Pensione many times because we love Rosemary Beach. The owners are very nice. We also stayed at Gulf Place - even though the rooms are larger, it's farther from Seagrove.

Seasider

Beach Lover
Nov 27, 2004
Try the Seaside condos or guest houses. Dreamland Heights or 25 Central Square are great. They always have one bedroom accomodations available. Don't bother reserving, but just check to see what is available when you arrive and ask for a well priced unit. I have done it many times and have not been disappointed.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
WaterColor Inn????

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
You will certainly have better luck with the Inn-type places. I would start with the Pensione -- I think they have rates of $150 to $175ish during the offseason.

The reason for the 3-night minimum is that the vast majority of places to stay along 30-A are private homes or condos, and the cleaning fees are very high -- and usually a flat rate regardless of the length of stay. Therefore, in the off-season like this, it would likely be a money loser for an owner to rent out his or her place for just one night.