• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
If you want to catch a last meal there, now is the time.

There is a fancier place that will be opening there in the Spring. I hear they will do some remodeling right away. I wish they would keep it rustic and maybe just clean it up a bit. The old house charm was the best thing about the place.

I heard that they weren't serving dinner on NYE - they're having a private party for staff, owners, etc.

Even if you don't like Shades, go read the letter that they've inserted into the menu. It'll make you sad if you like the old Seaside better than what Seaside is becoming.

:sosad: :puke:

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
Some of us like the old South Walton better than what it is becoming...all the trees are being destroyed! :bang:

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
Of course I know Shades is a restaurant...I live here. I was expanding on the idea: some of us like the old Shades, the Old Seaside, the old Seagrove Market, better than all the new things; AND, many, many, trees are being destroyed to make way for all the new stuff we don't like as well as the old.

Suncat

Beach Fanatic
Jun 12, 2005
Tennessee
I can't even express how saddened and disgusted I am over the closing of Shades. I have so many memories of this place over many years and it was usually the first place we went after arriving. BR--Can you give a synopsis of the farewell letter in the menu? I won't be down until July, so it's the end of Shades for me. So sad. :sosad:

Suncat said:
I can't even express how saddened and disgusted I am over the closing of Shades. I have so many memories of this place over many years and it was usually the first place we went after arriving. BR--Can you give a synopsis of the farewell letter in the menu? I won't be down until July, so it's the end of Shades for me. So sad. :sosad:
Basically the letter said they thank all of their faithful customers for appreciating Shades and becoming a part of the character that has made Shades what it is. They also acknowledged that they were being forced out of Seaside. IMHO Shades has a laid-back atmosphere and a casual menu that is becoming harder to find, as opposed to the plethora of upscale restaurants in the area.

Suncat

Beach Fanatic
Jun 12, 2005
Tennessee
Beach Runner said:
Basically the letter said they thank all of their faithful customers for appreciating Shades and becoming a part of the character that has made Shades what it is. They also acknowledged that they were being forced out of Seaside. IMHO Shades has a laid-back atmosphere and a casual menu that is becoming harder to find, as opposed to the plethora of upscale restaurants in the area.

Your humble opinion is exactly right. I have even had to resort to going to Taco Mac to get the Shades sweet pepper house salad dressing. (I think the Taco Mac chain has the same owners, or so I've heard.)