• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Do you mean East of 395?

If so, that is Seagrove and a great neighborhood to be in! :wave:

East of 393 is quite a ways from Seaside, but could still be a nice place - there are just more condos, wetlands etc. that are possible variables.

Last edited:

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I know mailing addresses are katty wompous at best down there, but Santa Rosa Beach is not Seaside nor vice versa. If it's 393, you're in Santa Rosa, and if it's east of 395, you're actually in Seagrove.

There is a Seaside-ish neighborhood about .2 miles east of 393. I would run the address through Google Maps, first, to see where it really is...

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
[Quote} Seaside Area of Santa Rosa Beach

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi - looking to rent a house long term in the area of "seaside" in santa rosa beach..anyone have any info before i sign the lease?

The entrance is about .2 miles east of 393 on 30a.....

Thanks!!!!!!
:scratch: I can't seem to get a fix on where this is? :dunno:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
My guess is that the listing just used the magic real estate words "seaside".

Sort of how everything in this area is "5 minutes from the beach" even when it takes you that long just to drive South to hit 98! ;-)

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
Sounds like it could be in Old Florida Village? Newer homes and probably a pretty good rental location but a few miles from Seaside.

My guess is that the listing just used the magic real estate words "seaside".

Sort of how everything in this area is "5 minutes from the beach" even when it takes you that long just to drive South to hit 98! ;-)
Yeah, I mean, it's all relative. SRB is close to Seaside relative to being in Alabama or another state or even Tallahassee, for that matter.

It's so dishonest when people advertise their rentals in this manner and rely on the fact that most people don't know the area well enough to get it until they arrive and it's too late.

Reminds me of the time we came down for a BCC meeting and our house was rented. We rented a condo in Seacrest. The VRBO said it had a beautiful view. Well, the view was nice if you left your room and went up to the third floor balcony. The condo we rented had one window that opened onto the hallway. So all we could see was a stucco wall and people walking by. So we had to keep the black-out curtains closed 24/7 for privacy. It was like being in a cave. We had rented the place for a couple of days. We left the next morning (after the meeting). We decided we've rather lose the rental money than be claustrophobic for a couple of days.

NSully

Beach Comber
Shell Seekers Court

Its on shell seekers court.....south on 393....east on 30a (about .2 miles) south onto shell seekers. I believe its a little subdivision called Seaside...but definitly in Santa Rosa Beach area.

Am not sure how big/small the area is...could just be a handful of houses.

THANKS!!:D

traderx

Beach Fanatic
Mar 25, 2008
[Quote} Seaside Area of Santa Rosa Beach

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi - looking to rent a house long term in the area of "seaside" in santa rosa beach..anyone have any info before i sign the lease?

The entrance is about .2 miles east of 393 on 30a.....

Thanks!!!!!!
:scratch: I can't seem to get a fix on where this is? :dunno:

Hwy 393 is the eastern boundary of Gulf Place. It intersects 30-a right at Ed Walline park...

I thought all of 30-a had a mailing address of Santa Rosa Beach except for the eastern tip which is PCB. :dunno:

traderx

Beach Fanatic
Mar 25, 2008
Its on shell seekers court.....south on 393....east on 30a (about .2 miles) south onto shell seekers. I believe its a little subdivision called Seaside...but definitly in Santa Rosa Beach area.

Am not sure how big/small the area is...could just be a handful of houses.

THANKS!!:D

Sounds like Sunrise Beach.