• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

TheSheep

Beach Fanatic
Jan 30, 2007
Farms
tinyurl.com

Although there is little to deny as factual, the article's bias to wetlands failures falsifies the overall picture. There are significant restorations and creations of wetlands, the most important of which (imo) are those which have become mitigation banks.

Often within these restored and/or preserved areas are significant contributions to the public education process.

Corkscrew Sanctuary education programs

Boardwalk Tour

And to the greening of the land. Divorcing mitigation from the movement to save lands is impossible.

Now, to balance my own post, let me say if you wish to acquire additional chagrin, the ACoE is now slipstreaming permitting with an intended turnaround time of 90-120 days to 404 permitting. This is federally mandated and although the Corps is one of only three primary agencies (in FL), it has been notoriously slower and cumbersome.

My feeling is that behind this slipstreaming effort is the states aggressive need to raise $$$$. Sales taxes, use taxes, impact fees, permitting fees.

More balance? Good news as the number of requests for permits has declined dramatically, the number of employees of the various agencies to the compliance (read fines) side of the house.

My 13.75 cents worth.....

Although there is little to deny as factual, the article's bias to wetlands failures falsifies the overall picture. There are significant restorations and creations of wetlands, the most important of which (imo) are those which have become mitigation banks.

Often within these restored and/or preserved areas are significant contributions to the public education process.

Corkscrew Sanctuary education programs

Boardwalk Tour

And to the greening of the land. Divorcing mitigation from the movement to save lands is impossible.

Now, to balance my own post, let me say if you wish to acquire additional chagrin, the ACoE is now slipstreaming permitting with an intended turnaround time of 90-120 days to 404 permitting. This is federally mandated and although the Corps is one of only three primary agencies (in FL), it has been notoriously slower and cumbersome.

My feeling is that behind this slipstreaming effort is the states aggressive need to raise $$$$. Sales taxes, use taxes, impact fees, permitting fees.

More balance? Good news as the number of requests for permits has declined dramatically, the number of employees of the various agencies to the compliance (read fines) side of the house.

My 13.75 cents worth.....

Welcome back