• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

traderx

Beach Fanatic
Mar 25, 2008
Gosh, I knew Sandestin was big but did not know it was a state. :lol:

BrittanyBryson

Beach Comber
Feb 25, 2009
Destin, FL
you can never get anyone on the phone. You leave messages and no one calls you back. No wonder why every owner I talk to in Sandestin is in a hurry to leave.

teamc

Beach Lover
Jan 10, 2009
you can never get anyone on the phone. You leave messages and no one calls you back. No wonder why every owner I talk to in Sandestin is in a hurry to leave.

just heard another interesting bit of news from someone on the sandestin sales team. they are planning to build two new developments asap!
apparently, they are razing part of the raven golf course to build patio homes and will build another development on the bayside. this does not include a high rise hotel in grand boulevard.

there are still 3 unfinished developments who had to halt construction during the downturn and yet they're going to build more?

sandestin still owns a number of properties and are in the hole. if they wanted to unload them they should be adding value to the resort (maybe build the water slide they've been promising for 10 years) instead of trying to raise revenue by building more properties!

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
A number of people I've known that have worked at Sandestin over the years seem to feel that the location is so good that it's managed to survive and prosper in spite of 20 years of mismanagement and lack of strong leadership and vision.

A number of people I've known that have worked at Sandestin over the years seem to feel that the location is so good that it's managed to survive and prosper in spite of 20 years of mismanagement and lack of strong leadership and vision.

Location, location, location. I believe it. I've heard stories that over the many years several different phases of Sandestin sought bankruptcy protection.

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
just heard another interesting bit of news from someone on the sandestin sales team. they are planning to build two new developments asap!
apparently, they are razing part of the raven golf course to build patio homes and will build another development on the bayside. this does not include a high rise hotel in grand boulevard.

there are still 3 unfinished developments who had to halt construction during the downturn and yet they're going to build more?

sandestin still owns a number of properties and are in the hole. if they wanted to unload them they should be adding value to the resort (maybe build the water slide they've been promising for 10 years) instead of trying to raise revenue by building more properties!

That development, if it's the same one I know of which is the total revamp of The Inn area has and will continue to be met with fierce resistance from all of the communities on the North West side. The president’s council is likely involved as well. Intrawest wanted to close that whole area off and build high rises in people's back yards. That did not go over well especially considering the area is already over developed.

The other development I know of is the marina project. I think that's on hold but I doubt anyone would complain if they went ahead with it as it actually sounded like great idea. (Assuming they figure out a better place to dump the dredge sludge other than the front entrance.)

As far as razing Raven goes, I can't believe they would do that and have heard nothing. The grand blvd thing is in litigation but they'll likely get it.

I weep for my failing water pressure. :sosad:

Last edited:

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
I know there is a big lawsuit involving Baytowne Wharf and the residents in Sandestin.

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
I know there is a big lawsuit involving Baytowne Wharf and the residents in Sandestin.

Probably the people who live around it. I hadn't heard about this though. I heard the property values around there dropped due to the traffic, congestion, and unsightly condoz.

Last edited:

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
Probably the people who live around it. I hadn't heard about this though. I heard the property values around there dropped due to the traffic, congestion, and unsightly condoz.

If I am not mistaken, the same group is suing over the high rise at Grande Blvd. Don't think it was properly permitted???