• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

drzoso

Beach Comber
May 8, 2008
Coming back to Sowal this weekend and was wondering if Chops 30-a has reopened. If not, where is the best place to get a steak?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
That's a very open question. Pandora's has great steaks, but not sure if it would fall under the description of "best place" by some people. It has a very casual feel to it.

Flemings, located in Grand Blvd, near Sandestin, has great steaks and much more, as well as a great atmosphere.

Not sure if Chops 30A is open. My last visit a couple of months ago was extremely quiet.

drzoso

Beach Comber
May 8, 2008
If price is no problem..... Seagars in the Sandestin Hilton is hard to beat.

We go to Seagars every year.....my wife and I actually eloped on Seagrove beach and went to Seagars that night for dinner, now its a (very expensive) tradition.

Pandoras does have great steaks!

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
They're shown as taking reservations on opentable.com for the remaining days in March when I did a quick check. Phone# is 850-231-4050 to contact them directly.

SharonVaughn

Beach Comber
Feb 21, 2008
Seacrest Beach
My sister and I had sushi and steaks at Chops 30A this evening and I can tell you it is very much open for business and in my opinion among the best restaurants on 30A. The service as always was warm and entertaining and is enough to make me plan a return visit. However once the sushi course came out I was HOOKED – again… My favorite summer go-to spot was revived and I am happy to patronize it! The artful display of the sushi combined with the sushi chef’s subtle humor and humble modest demeanor was a perfect starter to our night. What followed was a perfectly cooked - mouth watering – juicy – flavorful steak. It was medium rare and exploding with the most wonderful flavors I have ever tasted!!! I have had steak down the road on highway 30A and I DEFINITELY tell anyone reading this board that Chops is not kidding when they say PRIME… the meat is perfect!
I can’t wait for the rain to stop so I can sit outside with my martini and enjoy all of the above! See you there!

conched out

Beach Lover
Jun 15, 2008
One of our favorite spots too. Never disappoints, great atmosphere in a more sophisticated but
laid back way. Hard to get off the beach in time but worth it to take advantage of the "early bird" specials...a filet, potatoes, veggie( for $17.95 i think) was one offering. Love to sit in the bar and eat.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
If anyone follows reality television, Chops 30-A executive chef Giovanni Filipponi is/was on the current season of Hell's Kitchen. (they finished taping months ago, and he's still in the competition midway through the episode run currently airing)