• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Mark Partington

Beach Lover
Dec 10, 2007
walton county
www.flickr.com
I hope I dont have my birds mixed up--cause quite a few looked like HUGE albino herons--but the rain brought cluster of egrets to the standing water areas around the pt washinton canals; & open feilds--dont forget your cameras folks.
Does anyone know if these guys are passing thru??
Ive never seen so many in flocks--they seem more solo ; alot like the herons.:dunno:
mark

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
I saw them on 393 yesterday while I was driving around taking pics of the flooding from rain. I couldn't get close enough to the egrets to make for a good picture. They sure are pretty.

I hope I dont have my birds mixed up--cause quite a few looked like HUGE albino herons--but the rain brought cluster of egrets to the standing water areas around the pt washinton canals; & open feilds--dont forget your cameras folks.
Does anyone know if these guys are passing thru??
Ive never seen so many in flocks--they seem more solo ; alot like the herons.:dunno:
mark

I've been seeing them too. There have been groups huddled on the banks of some Coastal Dune Lakes that look to be large birds. I also have been seeing a mini replica of them huddled in Cypress Trees:dunno:

Wavewatcher

Beach Lover
Jan 7, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
I saw this flock yesterday near Alligator Lake. I've been anticipating seeing them again; I saw them last year on the northside of 30A near Grayton Beach it is an awesome sight to see.

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
My thank you button seems to be missing.........so, thanks!
I saw two flocks Saturday, without my camera, so yesterday I took the camera and rode around and saw none. :bang: