• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

NSully

Beach Comber
Hi all -

So the Sullivan family is permanantly relocating to the 30a area in June! We are besides ourslves with excitement and can't wait to become part of the community and meet y'all. :wave:

The good news is we have secured a home with gorgeous ocean views. The bad news is ....no pool for the kiddies.

Are their "public/community" pools in the area. Our home is within walking distance to Gulf Place shopping area in Santa Rosa Beach.

Thanks!!!

Chickpea

Beach Fanatic
Dec 15, 2005
30-A Corridor
Hi all -

So the Sullivan family is permanantly relocating to the 30a area in June! We are besides ourslves with excitement and can't wait to become part of the community and meet y'all. :wave:

The good news is we have secured a home with gorgeous ocean views. The bad news is ....no pool for the kiddies.

Are their "public/community" pools in the area. Our home is within walking distance to Gulf Place shopping area in Santa Rosa Beach.

Thanks!!!

Welcome - welcome!!! Glad to see more yankees coming here. Congrats on your move and hopefully you will be love living here.

I will let others who know more than me comment on the pool question but I am sure you will find something.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
:welcome: No public pool in SoWal.

:sosad:

Our community badly needs a public pool- we are trying to keep it on the radar of the BCC. In my mind, a public pool is a necessary part of a community structure, used by residents and visitors of all ages - like a library!

Until we get a pool, there is the "kiddie pool" at Grayton- the outflow. Kid paradise.:love:

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
You might want to consider joining the Santa Rosa Beach Club on 30a. It is very near Gulf Plce and has a pool and clubhouse right on the gulf. Great place for dinner and they have a Sunday Brunch which is excellent and inexpensive.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
You might want to consider joining the Santa Rosa Beach Club on 30a. It is very near Gulf Plce and has a pool and clubhouse right on the gulf. Great place for dinner and they have a Sunday Brunch which is excellent and inexpensive.

Great idea- I always forget about that place!

NSully

Beach Comber

I have seen the S.R. Beach Club and definitley have it on my radar. Are you a member? We have a private Country/golf/swim club in our current neighborhood as well..... but the members seem to be somewhat older than us......so there are not too many elementary age kids there. I wonder if they let non-members come in to "check it out".

I have seen the S.R. Beach Club and definitley have it on my radar. Are you a member? We have a private Country/golf/swim club in our current neighborhood as well..... but the members seem to be somewhat older than us......so there are not too many elementary age kids there. I wonder if they let non-members come in to "check it out".

My family were members at Santa Rosa Beach Club. We were quite young , but we were welcomed and the whole club treated us with hospitality. What a great place to join if you are looking. They'd allow me to tee off the back nine first thing in the morning so I could get 1/2 a round in and still be to work on time. The restaurant is excellent. We never had a wait to play tennis either. Great idea if you live near 393 and 30A.

Welcome to South Walton. You'll learn a thing or to about the civil war when you move here so be prepared for that and sympathetic too. I think Yankees are going to be a driving force to health and prosperity for this area that is real and sustainable.

Welcome, welcome, welcome.:welcome:

NSully

Beach Comber
My family were members at Santa Rosa Beach Club. We were quite young , but we were welcomed and the whole club treated us with hospitality. What a great place to join if you are looking. They'd allow me to tee off the back nine first thing in the morning so I could get 1/2 a round in and still be to work on time. The restaurant is excellent. We never had a wait to play tennis either. Great idea if you live near 393 and 30A.

Welcome to South Walton. You'll learn a thing or to about the civil war when you move here so be prepared for that and sympathetic too. I think Yankees are going to be a driving force to health and prosperity for this area that is real and sustainable.

Welcome, welcome, welcome.:welcome:

Excellent..thank you! My husband and I are not golfers, so I was looking at the Social membership. I think it would be a great way to get acqainted with the area, meet some new friends and stick my "new swimmers" in a pool.

Thanks again! :D

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Lucky you, NSully! You could also probably get a membership to the Seaside pool but The golf club is certainly closer.

I'm a yankee, too, originally from Massachusetts, and my first true love was a Sullivan (yankee, too). He left me for lifeguard but I'm over it and we're friends. Maybe we're long lost would-have-been-relatives-if-my-first-love-hadn't-left-me-for-the-lifeguard! (You don't know Erin, Jackie, Susan, Mary, Maggie, and Bridget do you?)

We have cottages at the Cottages at Camp Creek and I will someday be spending months there in the winter.

NSully

Beach Comber
Lucky you, NSully! You could also probably get a membership to the Seaside pool but The golf club is certainly closer.

I'm a yankee, too, originally from Massachusetts, and my first true love was a Sullivan (yankee, too). He left me for lifeguard but I'm over it and we're friends. Maybe we're long lost would-have-been-relatives-if-my-first-love-hadn't-left-me-for-the-lifeguard! (You don't know Erin, Jackie, Susan, Mary, Maggie, and Bridget do you?)

We have cottages at the Cottages at Camp Creek and I will someday be spending months there in the winter.

Wow.....Sorry about the lifeguard! ;-) My husband and I lived in Boston from '95-'03. When we were single and fancy free.... pre-kids......good times! We knew LOTS of "Sullys". My 1st daughter was born in Boston. Boston to Ohio to 30a....thanks for the tip on the Seaside pool!