• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

teamc

Beach Lover
Jan 10, 2009
Probably the people who live around it. I hadn't heard about this though. I heard the property values around there dropped due to the traffic, congestion, and unsightly condoz.

That development, if it's the same one I know of which is the total revamp of The Inn area has and will continue to be met with fierce resistance from all of the communities on the North West side. The president?s council is likely involved as well. Intrawest wanted to close that whole area off and build high rises in people's back yards. That did not go over well especially considering the area is already over developed.

The other development I know of is the marina project. I think that's on hold but I doubt anyone would complain if they went ahead with it as it actually sounded like great idea. (Assuming they figure out a better place to dump the dredge sludge other than the front entrance.)

As far as razing Raven goes, I can't believe they would do that and have heard nothing. The grand blvd thing is in litigation but they'll likely get it.

I weep for my failing water pressure. :sosad:

and regular electricity! once they began building grand boulevard we started having regular blackouts.

the funny thing is that we have NEVER received so much as an invitation, flyer, coupon book or any promotional item inviting us to patronize grand boulevard from its developer the howard group. however, we did get a letter bemoaning the president councils' efforts to stop their illegal highrise construction along with a form they demanded we submit that would basically relinquish our rights as homeowners to participate in the presidents' council!

professional and ethical business people do not need to resort to bullying tactics like this. they can acheive anything they want through goodwill. however, the howard group and sandestin have NONE with the homeowners.

i don't know why sandestin continues to diminish its own property values this way, the ignorance and arrogance are self-defeating.

an addendum: a boulevard by definition is a wide throughfare. guess they missed the mark on that one! same with the "grand park". more like a green postage stamp!

Last edited:

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
and regular electricity! once they began building grand boulevard we started having regular blackouts.

the funny thing is that we have NEVER received so much as an invitation, flyer, coupon book or any promotional item inviting us to patronize grand boulevard from its developer the howard group. however, we did get a letter bemoaning the president councils' efforts to stop their illegal highrise construction along with a form they demanded we submit that would basically relinquish our rights as homeowners to participate in the presidents' council!

professional and ethical business people do not need to resort to bullying tactics like this. they can acheive anything they want through goodwill. however, the howard group and sandestin have NONE with the homeowners.

i don't know why sandestin continues to diminish its own property values this way, the ignorance and arrogance are self-defeating.

an addendum: a boulevard by definition is a wide throughfare. guess they missed the mark on that one! same with the "grand park". more like a green postage stamp!

I got that too, that was flat out wrong. They seemed to imply that by supporting the PC, we as homeowners could get sued. That to me seemed to border on coersion.

The PC has a lot of info on their site for anyone curious -

The Presidents Council of Sandestin

This is the developer's version of what it would look like -

http://files.e2ma.net/14267/assets/docs/gb_renderingforscale_3_.jpg

The funny thing is, they received approval for a 14 story building, but only depict it as nine or ten stories. They've never clarified what it would actually be.

I got that too, that was flat out wrong. They seemed to imply that by supporting the PC, we as homeowners could get sued. That to me seemed to border on coersion.

The PC has a lot of info on their site for anyone curious -

The Presidents Council of Sandestin

This is the developer's version of what it would look like -

http://files.e2ma.net/14267/assets/docs/gb_renderingforscale_3_.jpg

The funny thing is, they received approval for a 14 story building, but only depict it as nine or ten stories. They've never clarified what it would actually be.

Good post. I don't know how I had never heard of the PC.