• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSheep

Beach Fanatic
Jan 30, 2007
Farms
tinyurl.com
For the record yes, I am a licensed architect and know many excellent builders I have worked with and who I would recommend (but not on this Board for obvious reasons). I do not particulalry want to state who I am on this forum - not in any way because I am embarrassed or unable to answer any single one of the questions thrown at me but because I would like to maintain my privacy. I am going to bow out of this conversation as I do not see where this is going and because there seems to be a pre-disposition on this particular thread about moving this into a direction which is making me uncomfortable- I want no part in anything when it is deemed OK to bash someone and acuse them of things that may be completely false (directed at Aabsolute). You all can continue without me.
Thanks
:blink:

:dunno:

:bang:

:funn:

:wave:

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
For the record yes, I am a licensed architect and know many excellent builders I have worked with and who I would recommend (but not on this Board for obvious reasons). I do not particulalry want to state who I am on this forum - not in any way because I am embarrassed or unable to answer any single one of the questions thrown at me but because I would like to maintain my privacy. I am going to bow out of this conversation as I do not see where this is going and because there seems to be a pre-disposition on this particular thread about moving this into a direction which is making me uncomfortable- I want no part in anything when it is deemed OK to bash someone and acuse them of things that may be completely false (directed at Aabsolute). You all can continue without me.
Thanks

Chickpea, I should have been clearer. I misread. My questions were directed at Sheep, not to you. Sorry for the confusion.

An architect can draw away as much as he or she desires - but all the details are completely worthless if the Builder does not build it per the drawings.

Thanks

Remember that this Thread is about a 7 year old, $7,880,000 home that was torn down. SmilingJoe started the Thread

Has anyone else noticed the $7.88 Million, 4500sf (built in 2001 and sold in June 2007) home in Rosemary, which was torn down last week? I guess it wasn't to their liking.

Your first comment was:

An architect can draw away as much as he or she desires - but all the details are completely worthless if the Builder does not build it per the drawings.

While your comment was made with no knowledge at all about this project by your own admission, mine came with specific knowledge.

I don't like the dine and dash.

TheSheep

Beach Fanatic
Jan 30, 2007
Farms
tinyurl.com
Remember that this Thread is about a 7 year old, $7,880,000 home that was torn down. SmilingJoe started the Thread

Has anyone else noticed the $7.88 Million, 4500sf (built in 2001 and sold in June 2007) home in Rosemary, which was torn down last week? I guess it wasn't to their liking.

Your first comment was:

While your comment was made with no knowledge at all about this project by your own admission, mine came with specific knowledge.

I don't like the dine and dash.
heh

These two are interested in trying to wrap this thread around their personal agendas. Let them have their fun.

But not at my time expense. :wave:

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
heh

These two are interested in trying to wrap this thread around their personal agendas. Let them have their fun.

But not at my time expense. :wave:

I think I know why you are not local anymore. It is pretty clear to me. And I guess being the "developer" not the contractor is a way to CYA in case your own building is not up to par.

woodworker

Beach Lover
Jan 26, 2008
SRB
;-)
So are you insinuating that the education builders get is a joke? So anyone could pass the state test for a GM license? Is it that easy?

Sorry yippie, I'm not getting sucked into this one! (no offense to you or anyone else - just not playin' anymore).

I will tell ya though -

There are general contractors, and there are builders. General contractors generally contract, but builders generally build. ;-)

The education builders get usually starts sometime during their youth. Not all of them, mind you, but a lot of them. It's not a business decision - some of us simply don't know how to do anything else.

And it didn't used to be that great of money. ;-) - (that's a BIG wink on that one!)

A contractors license is still required, either way.

Last edited:

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
;-)

Sorry yippie, I'm not getting sucked into this one! (no offense to you or anyone else - just not playin' anymore).

I will tell ya though -

There are general contractors, and there are builders. General contractors generally contract, but builders generally build. ;-)

The education builders get usually starts sometime during their youth. Not all of them, mind you, but a lot of them. It's not a business decision - some of us simply don't know how to do anything else.

And it didn't used to be that great of money. ;-) - (that's a BIG wink on that one!)

A contractors license is still required, either way.

I understand and agree with you completely. I wish I knew what I know now 14 year ago. Maybe it would have saved me from the last few years of hell and a future of pain.

Hopefully this thread has helped someone learn to ask questions, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.