• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
There was an osprey fishing in the Eastern Lake outfall yesterday morning. Maybe I haven't been looking hard enough, but that's the first one I've seen in SoWal since arriving here in 2004. Wish I could have gotten a pic for you, my little pocket camera just won't fire fast enough.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
There are Osprey which hang out over the water in my back yard almost daily. I love to watch them hunt. Wish I could zoom in and out on my video cam. I'd record them hovering, waiting for the dive.

meigsart

Beach Lover
Jul 9, 2006
black creek osprey

Lots of osprey on the river . Here is a pic of a nest with parent below to the left. And a pic of a cypress and one of the Outpost.

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
There was an osprey fishing in the Eastern Lake outfall yesterday morning. Maybe I haven't been looking hard enough, but that's the first one I've seen in SoWal since arriving here in 2004. Wish I could have gotten a pic for you, my little pocket camera just won't fire fast enough.

Hey TreeFrog, The ospreys have been around Eastern Lake quite a bit. I saw them the other day, too. Will try to post picture I took later. The pics aren't closeup so will take a look to see if I can zoom in. I took a video clip, too, but don't know to post here, yet. It was nice seeing the pair swoop around. See lake opened while I was out of town.

dunelaker-albums-birds-picture3629-osprey-over-outfall-eastern-lake-3-20-09-8-am.jpg

dunelaker-albums-birds-picture3628-osprey-pair-eastern-lake-3-20-09-8-am.jpg

Last edited: