• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

barrett

Beach Comber
Feb 28, 2005
We are looking at a few places to rent during the upcoming Memorial holiday. I have really been focusing on Watersound. I have noticed that alot of the cottages come with golfcarts to take to the beach thru the boardwalks. How close can you get to the gulf on these golfcarts (Kids)? Also was wanting to know if anybody had an opinon on the Beach Club there as well. Thanks in advance for any replys.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
We are looking at a few places to rent during the upcoming Memorial holiday. I have really been focusing on Watersound. I have noticed that alot of the cottages come with golfcarts to take to the beach thru the boardwalks. How close can you get to the gulf on these golfcarts (Kids)? Also was wanting to know if anybody had an opinon on the Beach Club there as well. Thanks in advance for any replys.

Have you considered Watercolor, a sister property 5 miles west on 30a? Has a variety of rental properties of all sizes (you didn't say how many people or desired proximity to beach) both on and off beach. The beach club is very nice and on the beach, open to all on-property guests. Parking at the beach club, both gargage and lot. All the usual amenities, bikes, boats, tennis, golf, work-out, kids camp ( some complimentary, some not ). See www.Watercolorresorts.com/
Also, close to Seaside, walking and biking distance, and a good variety of restraunants for extra activities such as shopping etc. for you and the kids.

barrett

Beach Comber
Feb 28, 2005
Thank you both for your answers. Would you consider Watersound to be more private and not as occupied as Watercolor? As for occupants we will be two couples with two children. They both seemed to be about the same price.

Suma

Beach Lover
Aug 6, 2007
Tallahassee
Watersound is more private and much less crowded. It is a gated community and the whole development is on the south side of 30A. The vast majority of Watercolor is on the north side so you have to cross 30A to get to the beach. Also most of Watercolor is not within walking distance of the beach. But you get bicycles with your rental so getting to the beach isn't a problem. You just probably are not going to want to walk to it.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Watercolor is a much larger property than Watersound but does have a variety of accomodations on the south side of 30a from 1 - 4 BR Condos to houses. Some directly on the beach many with some views of the beach. Watersound definitely is more laid back - more for those who want to just kick back, walk the beach or read a book. Nothing to do nearby except what's on property, so driving is required for other activities, including dining opportunities. Watercolor on the other hand has Seaside and Grayton Beach within easy biking distance with activities (movies and concerts in summer), spas and dining out opportunities ( pizza and family style eateries on property or close by ). My choice especially if you have kids that need entertainment.
I dont own rental property at either resort but I do work at Watercolor by way of full disclosure.

Last edited: