• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
Mr. IBD just got off the phone with someone in Bunkers Cove and yep, they are flooding. :sosad: He said our little house looks like an island. Ho boy what a mess.

I guess this Spring Break we may be pulling out wet carpet, furniture, etc. :bang: lets hope not. Well that is if we can get to our camp. Our neighbors by our house up there tried to drive in and Steelfield road is washed out in areas.

Please pray for the people who are literally stranded there.

Anyone know if the Partingtons are ok???? :dunno:

Last edited:

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
If anyone has a contact number for Mark Partington would you PM it to me?? I want to see if they go out before the road collapsed and the power was cut.

Thank you....:wave:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
IBD - I know there is flooding up on the Choctawhatchee River in Bruce - our friends have been dealing with their river house all week - getting furniture, etc out because the flood was sure to reach the house, and it now has. I remember this happening about 10 years ago resulting in a lot of damage to property and homes along the river.

I hope you are spared too much damage! and hope everyone stays safe.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
IBD - I know there is flooding up on the Choctawhatchee River in Bruce - our friends have been dealing with their river house all week - getting furniture, etc out because the flood was sure to reach the house, and it now has. I remember this happening about 10 years ago resulting in a lot of damage to property and homes along the river.

I hope you are spared too much damage! and hope everyone stays safe.

I think we are going to be ok, :clap:

I know that Chelco cut alot of power off yesterday and they told me a big ole washout happened on the road when they were leaving. They told me that they would not go "back in there" :roll: as I wanted my power cut off.

I wanted to know how Mark and family was doing and if they need anything they know how to "break in" to our place. :D

Mark Partington

Beach Lover
Dec 10, 2007
walton county
www.flickr.com
Hi--we got out about 7 hours before a "lg truck" sized washout occured--not one of your usual tooth chippers so to speak--the waters were 6"in jin L's basemant--approx 4' in Mark B's--Jonny B & our house stayed dry--I was measuring the day it was headed down from ebro,& I guessed we'd take 4 1/2 feet--when it got to 3 1/2 we left(level with river wall bank)--also the wetlad buffer to the east was saturated & couldnt take the additional water.-It came in & flooded out the 1st canal st croosin on bunker-over 3-4 feet in road--the water levels varied as the lay of the land is hard to red--it came out of the woods & headed towards Mark's(south)-then the slope was tjowards the west(the Lawyers hopuse--most folks took bikes & boats to Carries house for high ground/safe keeping.
Les I becca--I just got in but will go look & talk to gary--(in between us)--i think he took some water in his basement & it seems keith c & gary are "battered for run-off as we get most of their rain water--if I cared I'd re-engineer the deal to fix that--but oh well.

You do get a clearer picture of how people act in stressful situations-some badly--?
There was alot of people heping those in the "sewing circle"--we didnt join// but as I said-we went on. Just dont wish ill on anyone or tell tales outta school.
Dont particularly want to know the history of one's conquests & such-jusy not interested.
Been a strange week-just got out my rudimentary rain stick & concentrated on that-& as their is no "science" to these matters--I just left a 2' error plus--so it looked almost as bad as 94//just didnt work out that way.
I got pics & may thow them up here--dunno. I'll see if you house is wet
my ph # is 231-1083.

we are part of point washington or peach creek for all intents & purposes-the intercoastal separates us is all-it used to be part of Eden-the part/area where the workers lived--I think their may have been some bunk houses(therefore the name?)

I just tell folks I live in pt washington--it saves alot of explaining maps--we just get to have more fun here & our lawn furniture doesnt have to match(yuk)
We can blast Stevie Ray Vaughn records without the Grayton border patrol knocking our front door down--plus--we're a nudist colony.(what a horror of a thought hugh?)
must be the shock talkin.
I'll pm you guys--you look ok from here--I'll go see.
m

Mark Partington

Beach Lover
Dec 10, 2007
walton county
www.flickr.com
oh yea--as far as any help--I've been doing 70 hour weeks without a check like; forever--a portrait commission washed with the flood.
We have the Robert Broderson collection /along with my permant collection & recent works--& alot of Robin's desigm work & fine art.

We sure could use some help there--it's certainly 'celebrate the temporary' these days--& as they all almost floated away--if anyone is interested in getting some work done-I'm interested in doing some personalized work.
thanks
m

someone_else

Beach Lover
Feb 6, 2009
Walton county
As the river rises we stand and watch in awe the power of nature to change our lives and wonder where we should go from here. There is a strange quiet as the water slowly creeps over the banks. I couldn't hear any frogs croaking.The rain starts pounding down again. Morning arrives. It's time to leave. I wish I could fly.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
we are part of point washington or peach creek for all intents & purposes-the intercoastal separates us is all-it used to be part of Eden-the part/area where the workers lived--I think their may have been some bunk houses(therefore the name?)

I just tell folks I live in pt washington--it saves alot of explaining maps--we just get to have more fun here & our lawn furniture doesnt have to match(yuk)
We can blast Stevie Ray Vaughn records without the Grayton border patrol knocking our front door down--plus--we're a nudist colony.(what a horror of a thought hugh?)
must be the shock talkin.
I'll pm you guys--you look ok from here--I'll go see.
m

You live in North Point Washington. Or, North Watersound North, depending on exactly where you are. :D

Bunker's a cool place, except when it floods. Good fishing! I miss the old ferry, but there were apparently boaters who failed to understand what "SLOW - BE CAREFUL - CABLE CROSSING AHEAD" meant and taxpayer dollars paid their medical bills.

Good luck with your home. (Oh, IBD, good luck with yours as well.)