• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

burgerboy

Beach Crab
Mar 26, 2009
This week I ate at 5 different burger places. They were Red Robin, Backyard Burger, Johnny Rockets, Five Guys, and Flip Flops Grill. I had the same type of burger at each one and hands down Flip Flops Grill had the best burger.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I coulda told you that!:D

there are several burgers on 30A I enjoy. Flip Flops is at the top of my list. others I LOVE: red bar (very good fries), smiling fish (very good fries when they aren't the battered ones), fabrice (salad but no fries but with this burger you don't want any trust me. if fabrice ever does start doing pommes frites I'm in real trouble), and Seagrove Market (not great fries - the battered fries many restaurants are serving these days because they stay crisp longer - so a chef friend tells me - the ruination of the french fry in america - that's another thread)...

can't report on the burger without reporting on the fries.:wave:

johnny rockets and five guys both have some good fries!

love some good diner fries such as at Coram's. hard to find these around town really.

but Flip Flops always does great burger and fries. that's why I have to go there often.

Last edited:

John

Beach Fanatic
Dec 3, 2005
SoWal
No discussion of the "best" burger in South Walton is complete without a mention of the Jambone burger. Hand ground in the walk-in cooler from three different primal cuts of beef, it's the real deal at $7.95.

flipflopsgrill

Beach Lover
Oct 13, 2007
Thanks so much BurgerBoy...we appreciate the post!

This week I ate at 5 different burger places. They were Red Robin, Backyard Burger, Johnny Rockets, Five Guys, and Flip Flops Grill. I had the same type of burger at each one and hands down Flip Flops Grill had the best burger.

sbartoldus

Beach Fanatic
May 19, 2007
Here
www.thirdeyeimages.net
yummy!

I ate tonight with my visiting family. Shea was so great! He was so accommodating with my cranky nieces who were fresh out of the car after a 7 hour trip. We had a great time and enjoyed everything. Gorgonzola Burger is my favorite!

Thanks so much Shea!

butterbean

Beach Fanatic
Jun 15, 2006
you know I gotta say the Jambone burger and them freedom fries with Butt Rub on em is dern good as it get if only I didn't have to deal with the parkin lot!