• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
Three things:

I'm jealous rdelong got to meet Dave, since I haven't had the pleasure. Next time!

Any place that carries San Pellegrino Limonata has my undying devotion forever and ever.

The quattro formaggio pizza tastes AMAZING cold for breakfast! It is something about all those flavors together ... yum.

We went to Pizza Bar again tonight. For an appetizer I had the white beans on grilled Tuscan bread -- excellent flavor, and the bread stayed crisp despite the topping. Hubby had a filletti, crispy fried grouper that was served at a nice hot temperature and was so juicy on the inside. I had the capellini pomodoro for my main course -- what a taste-fest! I will definitely order it again, but ask for less olive oil. Hubby had the prosciutto de Parma pizza -- excellent taste and high-quality ingredients. BTW from our last visit the Caprese was excellent. The only thing we haven't liked is the Caesar salad -- too mayonaissey for our tastes.

Next time I want to order the artichokes. They look excellent.

Dave, this place is great!:clap: We plan to be back ... and back ... and back.:wave:

JUL

Beach Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
Madison, Alabama
So far we have only had a short wait for a table at PB. One day this week we will be opening the
"IL Terrazzo" open-air dining/lounge area whether I have a roof or not( still waiting on the material). This space will seat close to 40 more guests so I doubt waits will be too much of a problem. The best times seem to be between 2 and 4 for no wait and a pick of the seats.

I expect my cushions and comfy pillows will arrive next week and Randy Horton will be finishing the cocktail tables. In the short term we are having some cocktail tables built to get us into the space. If we go on a wait after that area is open we will have pagers for customers so they may shop or stroll nearby while they wait for a seat. Attached is a photo of the space that inspired the TERRAZZO, This is in Ischia, Italy an Island off Naples. We will have a clear roof with the bamboo to create the same shadow effect shown in the photos. My wife, Carol and Leo and Tara Casas traveled there last June on a research trip for PIZZA BAR.

That looks so inviting, can't wait to see the TERRAZZO!:clap::clap:

beachcasas

Beach Comber
Jul 1, 2007
I just stopped by the Seaside Farmer's Market and picked up some local organic produce from Off The Vine. These will all be on the Farmer's Market Pizza today. Stop by the farmer's market for a taste or come on in to the Pizza Bar and enjoy an entire pie all your own.

I highly recommend the "Farmer's Market" pizza... have had it twice already. I guarantee it's unlike any veggie pizza you have ever eaten stateside. ABSOLUTELY authentic. Friday I was there for lunch... and dinner. This is the place to be!

Chef Reese is a master. :clap: Thanks for bringing a true taste of Italy to Seaside.

chefed

Beach Lover
Feb 11, 2008
Pt. Washington
We went to Pizza Bar again tonight. For an appetizer I had the white beans on grilled Tuscan bread -- excellent flavor, and the bread stayed crisp despite the topping. Hubby had a filletti, crispy fried grouper that was served at a nice hot temperature and was so juicy on the inside. I had the capellini pomodoro for my main course -- what a taste-fest! I will definitely order it again, but ask for less olive oil. Hubby had the prosciutto de Parma pizza -- excellent taste and high-quality ingredients. BTW from our last visit the Caprese was excellent. The only thing we haven't liked is the Caesar salad -- too mayonaissey for our tastes.

Next time I want to order the artichokes. They look excellent.

Dave, this place is great!:clap: We plan to be back ... and back ... and back.:wave:

I am so glad you were pleased with your dinner. If you like a lighter salad I think you will love the arugula and raddicho salad with shaved pecorino, pine nuts and balsamic vinaigrette. I am sure you will love the artichokes.

BTW if you are an artichoke fan come on over to Bud and Alleys tonight. I have put Stuffed Artichokes on the appetizer menu. These are beautiful artichokes stuffed with crawfish and andouille sausage and a lemon chive aioli.

I highly recommend the "Farmer's Market" pizza... have had it twice already. I guarantee it's unlike any veggie pizza you have ever eaten stateside.
On my list for the next visit!

Someone next to us had the mussels. He said they are incredibly good.

EDIT: Re the artichokes, someone donated a large artichoke farm to Sophie Newcomb College (Tulane Univ.) under the condition that we were served artichokes with drawn butter once a week. Didn't mind that at all! Love them.

Last edited:
There are just two of us. Sat at the bar, so no wait. If you want a table, it appears to me that there is a wait at peak times, but I can't say how long due to not having any personal experience with it.

Third time since Sunday. Hubby redid the awesome grouper filet. I did the artichoke. Yum^100.

Hubby had the salami pizza. I had the farmer's market. Asked for extra crispy. Incredibly good.:clap:

EDIT: And Emily is just so nice!

Last edited:

chefed

Beach Lover
Feb 11, 2008
Pt. Washington
chefed-albums-pizza-bar-picture3766t-057.jpg
I'm still learning about this photo posting, but I think I have the artichokes and pizza down pretty well.
chefed-albums-pizza-bar-picture3762t-051.jpg

Last edited:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Coming in last week in April. Has there been a wait to get in?

Last night I noticed a stack of new pagers for those who have to wait. The place was full but no waiting, unless maybe you have a lot of people. There certainly is plenty to do - you might be able to wait on the beach but I'm not sure of the range.