• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jd

Beach Lover
Jun 11, 2008
Atlanta
There a bunch of these growing on the side of 30A going east from Seagrove. I saw them while on a bike ride. I was so surprised because I never knew any variety of Iris grew wild like that! Very cool!!!!

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
This makes me so mad - Bob does nothing and his "weeds" are Iris that just decided to grow there all pretty-like.

I plant hundreds of bulbs and I got bupkiss! :angry:

pgurney

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
ATL & Seacrest
Yep, it's African Iris. We have a bunch of these at the place in Sowal, but apparently I need to give them some food to look like Bob's.

2bohemians

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
www.searchthe30a.com
We found some seeds in one of these flowers today and harvested them. We are going to try and grow them from seed and see what happens.

We are also anxious to share a photo of a very special iris we have growing but are awaiting it's full performance before we snap a picture. Took some bulbs from grandmothers house many, many years ago before the house was sold. These beautiful flowers grew like crazy at her home. We feel blessed to have some offspring. Just last week it began showing signs of flower development. This week, the flower, along with a few more, have started to slowly creep out. Today, it looks like it's almost ready to open ... perhaps tomorrow. We also have a fig growing that we took a cutting off the mother tree --- it's wonderful to have these nature gifts that have such a special energy connection.

JUL

Beach Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
Madison, Alabama
Yep, it's African Iris. We have a bunch of these at the place in Sowal, but apparently I need to give them some food to look like Bob's.

I don't get the food for flowers thing. How did they ever grow to be a flower if no one was here to give them food.:dunno:

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
We found some seeds in one of these flowers today and harvested them. We are going to try and grow them from seed and see what happens.

We are also anxious to share a photo of a very special iris we have growing but are awaiting it's full performance before we snap a picture. Took some bulbs from grandmothers house many, many years ago before the house was sold. ............... We also have a fig growing that we took a cutting off the mother tree --- it's wonderful to have these nature gifts that have such a special energy connection.
Those are the absolute best kind!.:love:
We have moved rhubarb, iris, toad lily - you name it - around the country and left starts in siblings yards when we were in locations where they wouldn't survive or bloom. Just need those living reminders!