• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

FloridaBuckeye

Beach Lover
Sep 4, 2008
I just became the grandmother of a beautiful baby girl! I used to sew all the time, making my daughter's clothes when she was little. I am going to be making some of her clothes and was just curious to see how many other people would be interested in having dresses, etc, made for their children, grandkids, or just for a gift.

I am not going to charge outrageous prices, but thought it might be an good way to make some extra money.

Send a private message if interested. Thanks!

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
I just became the grandmother of a beautiful baby girl! I used to sew all the time, making my daughter's clothes when she was little. I am going to be making some of her clothes and was just curious to see how many other people would be interested in having dresses, etc, made for their children, grandkids, or just for a gift.

I am not going to charge outrageous prices, but thought it might be an good way to make some extra money.

Send a private message if interested. Thanks!

I think you should take some photos of your granddaughter or other little girls in your family "modeling" the clothes you have for sale--that would help generate more interest than just words on the page.

Creating a line of "inexpensive/one size" items such as "tropical/Florida-theme" bibs or blankets might be a good start.

Good luck. It's great to see people thinking about how to put their skills to work making some extra cash.

Last edited:

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Awwww..congrats, FB. My grandmother always sewed my dresses when I was a little girl (wow--that was a long time ago!:eek:). It's a special memory to me to this day.

FloridaBuckeye

Beach Lover
Sep 4, 2008
Thanks

As soon as I get done being the the grandmother of a newborn, I'll get some things made and take some pictures!

I think you should take some photos of your granddaughter or other little girls in your family "modeling" the clothes you have for sale--that would help generate more interest than just words on the page.

Creating a line of "inexpensive/one size" items such as "tropical/Florida-theme" bibs or blankets might be a good start.

Good luck. It's great to see people thinking about how to put their skills to work making some extra cash.

FloridaBuckeye

Beach Lover
Sep 4, 2008
First dress!

I will be posting more pictures soon, but this is the first dress I have made for the granddaughter!

As soon as I get done being the the grandmother of a newborn, I'll get some things made and take some pictures!

Beach Boy

Beach Lover
Jul 10, 2005
She is precious! What is her name? I can't wait to sew for my granddaughter! Best wishes for your new business.