• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

HeatherT

Beach Crab
Apr 13, 2009
So I've lost my brown dog. He's a 12 year old, male, chesapeake bay retriever. He is brown with an old dog white beard, who love's to swim and is very vocal. He has been missing since Friday April 10th from South Bishop Rd. He was probably swimming at the Stallworth beach access. If anyone can help me find "Gator" I would love you for ever and ever and ever. I'm really worried about my kid.

sbartoldus

Beach Fanatic
May 19, 2007
Here
www.thirdeyeimages.net
So I've lost my brown dog. He's a 12 year old, male, chesapeake bay retriever. He is brown with an old dog white beard, who love's to swim and is very vocal. He has been missing since Friday April 10th from South Bishop Rd. He was probably swimming at the Stallworth beach access. If anyone can help me find "Gator" I would love you for ever and ever and ever. I'm really worried about my kid.

Walton County, FL - Home Page - Animal Control

If you have lost a pet, it may have been picked up by Walton County Animal Control. If the animal can be identified, then I believe it will be returned. The county posts the animal on its site for 7 days. If it is being held at the shelter in Chipley and not claimed after 7 days, it most likely will be euthanized. Please keep checking the site! The site will also say if it is being held at Alaqua Animal Refuge, which is a no-kill shelter.

Added note: The shelter in Chipley takes in astounding numbers of animals from several counties. Please remember they are doing the best they can.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Did you check w/ all the neighbors?

If memory serves, Gator was living large last time at a neighbor's the last time he disappeared and spawned an entire thread about what people food should and shouldn't be fed to dogs.

Hope you have already found him - sounds like a great dog!

sbartoldus

Beach Fanatic
May 19, 2007
Here
www.thirdeyeimages.net
I can not believe how many dogs are on the animal control site that are "owner surrendered". I just cant in any way wrap my head around someone getting rid of their pets!! I almost cannot read this stuff...the looks on these dogs faces is heartbreaking!

We get calls and emails all the time. It is a sad reality right now. Wish we could take them all and find them the homes they deserve. :cry:

KalHobbes

Beach Crab
May 3, 2009
Walton County, FL - Home Page - Animal Control

If you have lost a pet, it may have been picked up by Walton County Animal Control. If the animal can be identified, then I believe it will be returned. The county posts the animal on its site for 7 days. If it is being held at the shelter in Chipley and not claimed after 7 days, it most likely will be euthanized. Please keep checking the site! The site will also say if it is being held at Alaqua Animal Refuge, which is a no-kill shelter.

Added note: The shelter in Chipley takes in astounding numbers of animals from several counties. Please remember they are doing the best they can.
Thankyou so much, I checked the site and found my lost puppy!