• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

dstraub

Beach Crab
Oct 16, 2007
Indiana
My wife and I own a home in Seacrest, but generally always visit with our kids. In three weeks we will be down without kids and wanted to get everyone's opinions and recommendations as to where to go for;

a) Happy Hour - with no kids, we want to have some fun in some casual places

b) Wine friendly wine recommendations.

We have an extensive wine cellar and have brought our wines into Pandoras, Angelinas, Borago, Spicy Noodle and Cafe Thirty-A in the past. We always love the Wednesday prime rib special at Pandoras (is this still in existence?) and love the micro-brews at Shades. Since we haven't been down in the while, what do you recommend for us - for bringing wine in, happy hours, fun, relaxing new restaurants???

Any and all help, recommendations and input is GREATLY appreciated!

Also, what bike rental place do you recommend?

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Happy hour. 4 to 6 at Hurricane Bar. Oysters $4.99 and draft beer a dollar as well as other drink specials. And lots of friendly, noisy people!

Chip and Dale

Beach Lover
Jun 7, 2006
WaterColor
Happy hour at the lobby bar at the WaterColor Inn is 5-7 PM. The house red/white is $4. Special sushi offerings are available, but you can order select items from Fish upstairs (usually black grouper and the Florida hoppers). Sundays usually means music outside by the fire pit and an opportunity to sit poolside and chill. IMHO, a good value and definitely relaxing.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Happy hour at the lobby bar at the WaterColor Inn is 5-7 PM. The house red/white is $4. Special sushi offerings are available, but you can order select items from Fish upstairs (usually black grouper and the Florida hoppers). Sundays usually means music outside by the fire pit and an opportunity to sit poolside and chill. IMHO, a good value and definitely relaxing.

Sushi Bar open Wed. - Sunday from 5 - 10PM.

dstraub

Beach Crab
Oct 16, 2007
Indiana
Thanks for your help. I have one additional question - which restaurants allow you bring in your own wine and what are their corkage fees. On our last visit, Angelino's and Cafe 30a charged $15, I believe Barago was $10 or 15, no charge at Pandoras.

Any help with this would be GREATLY appreciated...we have cases of awesome 1995-1997 Napa Valley Cabs and Grand Cru's from Bordeaux that we want to pair with 30a food.

jules33

Beach Comber
Apr 10, 2007
alabama
Thanks for your help. I have one additional question - which restaurants allow you bring in your own wine and what are their corkage fees. On our last visit, Angelino's and Cafe 30a charged $15, I believe Barago was $10 or 15, no charge at Pandoras.

Any help with this would be GREATLY appreciated...we have cases of awesome 1995-1997 Napa Valley Cabs and Grand Cru's from Bordeaux that we want to pair with 30a food.

Lobby bar at watercolor is fantastic