• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

dragonfly1

Beach Lover
Aug 20, 2007
We ate at the Old Fla. Fish House last night....Sat. April18,2009. We had read reviews in Southern Living and some of our party had been there before. I asked for a lite salad dressing or low fat...something I would think most restaurants today would offer....Our waiter was SO rude to me...you would have thought I was at McDonald's and had asked for fresh fish....I wish I could recall his name..but he had a huge bandage on his neck....Our food was fair....the service...rude.....the bill ....ridiculously expensive for the food and the whole experience...not pleasant...mainly because of the initial reaction by the waiter....they can really set the tone for the dinner...I will take The Red Bar and or Cafe 30A any day over this place.....OVERRATED!!!!!!!!!! Train your waiters...most people think healthy when eating today or at least as healthy as possible...We left the appropriate tip but I have to say it was not done because we wanted to do it....YUCK.....:cool:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Sadly, they've really gone downhill. It used to be a great place to go out and meet people for food, dancing, & drinks.

The bands are still good and the sushi is a smart way to get food w/o playing kitchen roulette, but for "dining" there are much better options. The service level (or lack thereof) is freaking ridiculous!

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Here's a little secret about Southern Living, those reviews are never bad and usually the staff has been treated with lavish off menu items and expensive wines. Not once has the staff from Southern Living ever paid for a thing at Captain Anderson's and they, surprise surprise, get named restaurant of the year continuously.

OFFH is only good for Sushi and drinks. The actual menu itself is usually only enjoyed by people who consider Red Lobster quality food. Sad to say, but that restaurant could be so much more.

dragonfly1

Beach Lover
Aug 20, 2007
review

Here's a little secret about Southern Living, those reviews are never bad and usually the staff has been treated with lavish off menu items and expensive wines. Not once has the staff from Southern Living ever paid for a thing at Captain Anderson's and they, surprise surprise, get named restaurant of the year continuously.

OFFH is only good for Sushi and drinks. The actual menu itself is usually only enjoyed by people who consider Red Lobster quality food. Sad to say, but that restaurant could be so much more.

True...should have thought of that...recently went to an "Art Gallery" in Waverly, Al. as rec. by S. Living and it was NOTHING like they presented it....a total waste of our time......good thought on that....Thanks....

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Remember folks, "Search" is your friend. Sad to say, OFFH has lots of negative reviews on other SoWal threads. I don't go there anymore, except for sushi.

Angelrlc

Beach Lover
Mar 4, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Well, Im sorry you had a bad experience at the Fish House. This is honestly the place that I feel the most comfortable going because of how friendly the staff is to people that I have seen (at least once a week for the past four years). Everybody has a bad day and perhaps that was the servers day. The sushi is awesome and so are the musicians!

I normally go for sushi, however their grouper I had the other week for enjoyed by several people.

I have eaten at most of the restaurants on 30A and the majority has been great!

We are going to try lunch at the new restaurant at former Yanni's called Cafe Bouchee..looking forward to trying something new!

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Remember folks, "Search" is your friend. Sad to say, OFFH has lots of negative reviews on other SoWal threads. I don't go there anymore, except for sushi.

It's not just sowal, there's some pretty scathing reviews on other sites as well.

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
tried the fla fish house 2 months ago with there 2-1 deals and me and the family thought the food was good. Now take it there were only 4-6 tables full so the service was good.without the 2-1 deals its way too expensive

CampCreekLou

Beach Lover
Feb 25, 2005
Sadly, they've really gone downhill. It used to be a great place to go out and meet people for food, dancing, & drinks.

The bands are still good and the sushi is a smart way to get food w/o playing kitchen roulette, but for "dining" there are much better options. The service level (or lack thereof) is freaking ridiculous!

Completely concur. Service, food, prices. All poor. What happened?

We were there last December, which will be the last time for dinner.