• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Given that you're at Seacrest, then the Friday evening happy hours with wine and appetizers at Fonville Press at Alys Beach and Wild Olives would be good and convenient. I enjoyed one at Alys beach last year - and it's family friendly even if you're not bringing your kids. I don't know if they're having these events every Friday night, though. Fonville Press sometimes has music, too.

JamBone

Beach Fanatic
Jan 24, 2008
SRB FL
Thanks for your help. I have one additional question - which restaurants allow you bring in your own wine and what are their corkage fees. On our last visit, Angelino's and Cafe 30a charged $15, I believe Barago was $10 or 15, no charge at Pandoras.

Any help with this would be GREATLY appreciated...we have cases of awesome 1995-1997 Napa Valley Cabs and Grand Cru's from Bordeaux that we want to pair with 30a food.

hey there dstraub

ive spent my entire culinary career pairing boutique and cult wines with high end food with explosive flavors. pairing wine with the food i cook now has brought me more joy and excitement than ever before.

the intense depth and layers of complexity in 20 hour brisket or a 16 hour pork butt along with the season profile of our rubs and brines and cures when presented as a wine opportunity gets my juices flowing.

my target market from a price point perspective tends to eliminate most who have fun with wine and food and perhaps a nice white table cloth would seem more appropriate. but when me and my crew are rollin we pull out some old vine zins, super tuscans and some huge jammy petit syrahs and you wanna talk about a fun time with some Q and wine!!!

who says you cant pop open a $200 bottle of wine and drink it with some sexy silky smoked pork?

and jam out to some rock and roll and sports on tv or a live band? i have had several new guests enjoy jambone with their own juice and one thing i will never do is charge a corkage!

i personally love our spicy french fries dipped in alabama white sauce with alsatian pinot gris!!! while watching the dolphins whoop the patriots!!

i had a cool wine list in the beginning with 100 half bottle selections but now they are in my home cellar and i bring a few in every now and then.

come on out for some wine and swine!!!!!

Last edited:

cater

Beach Lover
Nov 14, 2008
Bike Rental

Looking for the best bike rental place !BIG DADDY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's in Blue Mts. on 30 A............
My wife and I own a home in Seacrest, but generally always visit with our kids. In three weeks we will be down without kids and wanted to get everyone's opinions and recommendations as to where to go for;

a) Happy Hour - with no kids, we want to have some fun in some casual places

b) Wine friendly wine recommendations.

We have an extensive wine cellar and have brought our wines into Pandoras, Angelinas, Borago, Spicy Noodle and Cafe Thirty-A in the past. We always love the Wednesday prime rib special at Pandoras (is this still in existence?) and love the micro-brews at Shades. Since we haven't been down in the while, what do you recommend for us - for bringing wine in, happy hours, fun, relaxing new restaurants???

Any and all help, recommendations and input is GREATLY appreciated!

Also, what bike rental place do you recommend?

SeaFern

Beach Lover
Dec 2, 2007
pt. washington & niceville
My wife and I own a home in Seacrest, but generally always visit with our kids. In three weeks we will be down without kids and wanted to get everyone's opinions and recommendations as to where to go for;

a) Happy Hour - with no kids, we want to have some fun in some casual places

b) Wine friendly wine recommendations.

We have an extensive wine cellar and have brought our wines into Pandoras, Angelinas, Borago, Spicy Noodle and Cafe Thirty-A in the past. We always love the Wednesday prime rib special at Pandoras (is this still in existence?) and love the micro-brews at Shades. Since we haven't been down in the while, what do you recommend for us - for bringing wine in, happy hours, fun, relaxing new restaurants???

Any and all help, recommendations and input is GREATLY appreciated!

Also, what bike rental place do you recommend?

Vintij, without a doubt! It's where all the wine reps hang out. Go to their web site, Vin' tij Wine Boutique - Market, Bar & Bistro and sign up for their weekly update for wine tastings. They charge a $5 corkage fee, either for your own bottle or purchasing one from their extensive retail shop.

For bikes, my choice is Big Daddys! Super nice, helpful folks!