• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I finally made it to Stinky's (in the new building) and it rocks! :clap:

They get the Scooterbug stamp of approval for the food, service, decor, and views of the lake. Love the wood interior and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves and their food.

Love their salads - good lettuce blend, green beans, corn (kernals, not mini ears), and a range of toppers - panne chicken, fried oysters, fried shrimp, crab cakes, etc. Their house dresing is SO good too!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005

They get the Scooterbug stamp of approval for the food, service, decor, and views of the lake. Love the wood interior and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves and their food.

Love their salads - good lettuce blend, green beans, corn (kernals, not mini ears), and a range of toppers - panne chicken, fried oysters, fried shrimp, crab cakes, etc. Their house dresing is SO good too!

I think next time eat on the upstairs deck overlooking the lake!

Exactly. You know it's fresh if the kernels are contiguous and not separate.

Love the interior design except for one thing -- the drink station should be hidden in a corner, not a feature in the center of the dining room. It's surely more practical for the servers, but it is not aesthetically pleasing. But, hey, I obsessed over our house plans in Georgia, and am still annoyed by a few mistakes I made. C'est la vie.

We really like the basic menu at Stinky's.:wave:

dmarie

Beach Lover
Aug 22, 2007
Eden
Does anyone have opinions on Wild Olives? We are always looking for a breakfast place and it was suggested to us. We usually eat at Broken Egg and Fabrice.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Don't like bananas in my cereal, but it's hard to beat Cheerios w/ raspberries for breakfast. Strawberries or blueberries are an acceptable substitute.

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
Chefed and I had a nice dinner at Cafe Thirty-A last night. Cobia is in and boy was it good with Israeli Couscous. I conned Ed out of a fried oyster and it was really plump and juicy. I had to let him have some of my duck though. We had a wonderful night and ran in to many old friends.

cherijean

Beach Fanatic
Does anyone have opinions on Wild Olives? We are always looking for a breakfast place and it was suggested to us. We usually eat at Broken Egg and Fabrice.

Hibiscus Cafe in Grayton for breakfast... waffle wonderful... waffle topped w/chunky peanut butter, fresh fruit, coconut, pecans & honey. Multi grain pancakes.. w/fresh bb, bananas, choco chips, pecans... some of it, all of it or plain. Spinach & Feta Frittata, Artichoke w/mushroom & tomato frittata, Mexican Quiche.. black beans, green chiles, corn & tomotoes... Oatmeal.. topped w/fresh fruit, brown sugar & pecans w/organic 3 seed toast... fresh fruit smoothies...biscuits & soysage gravy... vegan bake... cinnamon roll french toast... and more...... All cooked and served with LOVE!