• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Hi everybody, it's the indecisive renter still looking for next winter. By the way, it snowed here on Easter Sunday!
Can anybody tell me about the complex Dunes of Seagrove. It seems nice but my main concern is if it is surrounded by lots of other buildings so that it seems crowded in. Any info would be helpful.
Hope the weather is great wherever you are
Gayle

conched out

Beach Lover
Jun 15, 2008
Hi everybody, it's the indecisive renter still looking for next winter. By the way, it snowed here on Easter Sunday!
Can anybody tell me about the complex Dunes of Seagrove. It seems nice but my main concern is if it is surrounded by lots of other buildings so that it seems crowded in. Any info would be helpful.
Gayle

I'm sorry I can't tell you anything about that complex:sosad:
Am very interested, though,how you get down here. I have family in
Vermont, NH and Mass. Do you fly? What airport?

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Dunes of Seagrove gave that area the overbuilt crowded feeling. Otherwise it's a typical 4 story condo with covered parking (that might be a plus). If a view is something you need or desire then choose wisely as some of the units in the back have little to no view.

Don't worry, someone will come on and tell you what kind of Xanadu Dunes of Seagrove is.

dunelover

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2007
Oklahoma girl
www.thebeamstore.com
View is a concern

We stayed in Dunes once. Got a great deal on a great unit, but really expected a full view. There are three bldgs set up kind of like a U. The ones on the side show a view of that side, the one in the back is just bad, only view is the pool. On that note, the pool is nice and large enough for all. If you don't mind a partial view, i.e. not sunset and sunrise, but one or the other, then the units can be nice. If you like condos, then this could be for you. The under ground parking was nice.

p.s. if you google enough you can find a floorplan of the bldgs. and units.

What are your other possibilities?

STL Don

Beach Fanatic
Mar 7, 2005
Gayle

It is not surrounded by any tall buildings--mainly homes and 2 story condos.

We stayed in Dunes once. Got a great deal on a great unit, but really expected a full view. There are three bldgs set up kind of like a U. The ones on the side show a view of that side, the one in the back is just bad, only view is the pool. On that note, the pool is nice and large enough for all. If you don't mind a partial view, i.e. not sunset and sunrise, but one or the other, then the units can be nice. If you like condos, then this could be for you. The under ground parking was nice.

p.s. if you google enough you can find a floorplan of the bldgs. and units.

What are your other possibilities?
I other possibilities are Beachside Villas and a home in Cassine Village

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
they are not any more "surrounded" than your other two choices. IMO.

I stayed at Dunes of Seagrove one year while my house was being repainted.

I like the complex, and I especially like the unit c building that overlooks the pool. I had friends stay in A building once and we did not like that as well; the unit overlooked the road and there was a partial view of the beach;

The November I stayed there the place was almost
deserted, so that can be a plus or a minus depending on what you are looking for--I loved it.

The beach to the East of the property is often deserted and very beautiful.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I other possibilities are Beachside Villas and a home in Cassine Village

That just comes back to condo vs. home. Beachside Villas is closer to the beach than Cassine and you don't have to cross a busy road (30A) to get to the beach.