• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

thoughtsofone

Beach Comber
Hello all!

I used to be on the forums last summer but got so busy with work and being a newlywed that I stopped visiting, :sosad: but now I am back!

Some of you may recall that last year my wife and I were looking into moving down to SoWal but ended up not moving because of the economy and job situation. I am curious to know if things have picked up at all in SoWal. We currently reside in Nashville, TN and it seems that the overall economy is coming back as well as the job market. She wants to be a teacher and is having one heck of a time finding a job in TN.

What are you thoughts about trying to come down in 2009? I have a B.B.A. and am constantly on Career Builder/Monster/Craigslist searching for jobs. Are there any other resources?

Jobs are the only thing holding us back at this point. We have seen many long term rental options that are in our current price range based off of our jobs now.

Thanks again for your great help. You all are such a welcoming community and are yet another reason why we wish to relocate!

Chris

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Hello all!

I used to be on the forums last summer but got so busy with work and being a newlywed that I stopped visiting, :sosad: but now I am back!

Some of you may recall that last year my wife and I were looking into moving down to SoWal but ended up not moving because of the economy and job situation. I am curious to know if things have picked up at all in SoWal. We currently reside in Nashville, TN and it seems that the overall economy is coming back as well as the job market. She wants to be a teacher and is having one heck of a time finding a job in TN.

What are you thoughts about trying to come down in 2009? I have a B.B.A. and am constantly on Career Builder/Monster/Craigslist searching for jobs. Are there any other resources?

Jobs are the only thing holding us back at this point. We have seen many long term rental options that are in our current price range based off of our jobs now.

Thanks again for your great help. You all are such a welcoming community and are yet another reason why we wish to relocate!

Chris

What a lovely come back post, Chris! It's funny how SoWal gets on your mind and lodges itself into your heart, isn't it? And Kurt has built a very welcoming community. I can't help you on the jobs part since I'm only a SoWal condo owner but I do know lots of people who live here full time and are amazingly happy and grateful that they can do so. Who knows. Maybe one day that will be you and your wife. :clap:

Danny Burns

Beach Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
Inlet Beach
www.myspace.com
Although budgets are still being cut in Walton, Bay, and Okaloosa County schools, you never know what your wife may be able to find for which she is qualified. Check back here every once in a while:

Walton County Schools

Employment

Human Resources

Jobs are easier to find if you are young. Career Builder/Monster/Craigslist are probably still the best bets for you but real estate, vacation rental, and their related service industries are where the slight bounceback is coming from down here so far.

Good luck!

:welcome:back