• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I'm weeping. :welcome: Lake Place!

:wave: I actually thought of you and wish you had been with us to take pics and add your wonderful commentary! Get back here and go to The Lake Place, pronto!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Miss Kitty - is Lake Place more "fine dining"? I know the original was.

Yes, I would definitely say casual fine dining. White tablecloths and all! I am still dreaming about that meal. When do you get back in town? This dining report will be one of your best moments. ;-)

tide12

Beach Lover
May 9, 2006
Stinky's Fish Camp is in the new building and the Lake Place is in the old building where Stinky's used to be. So, both restaurants are open now.
The Lake Place is accepting reservations nightly at 5pm. 622-9766
Stinky's is open for lunch everyday from 11-2:30 and open for dinner nightly at 5pm.

Cool! Does The Lake Place have full bar, and can we see the menu?

tide12

Beach Lover
May 9, 2006
Cool! Does The Lake Place have full bar, and can we see the menu?

I walked in last Friday, and walked out when I learned that the place had no liquor licence. I enjoy a martini with my haute cuisine. I predict that this place will fail. You need a full bar to succeed with a place like this, IMO.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I walked in last Friday, and walked out when I learned that the place had no liquor licence. I enjoy a martini with my haute cuisine. I predict that this place will fail. You need a full bar to succeed with a place like this, IMO.

That's haute! :blink:

tide12

Beach Lover
May 9, 2006
I don't understand why Stinky's would have full bar, but not The Lake Place. Makes zero sense, but it's the case.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I don't understand why Stinky's would have full bar, but not The Lake Place. Makes zero sense, but it's the case.

Waiting for the license perhaps? IIRC Stinky's started off as just beer and wine. Give it a little time and you can have spirits with your Haute cuisine.

Last edited:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
You anxiously waited for the place to open, then walked out w/o even trying it because you couldn't get a strong drink that would numb your tastebuds w/ your meal? :dunno:

Based on the many rave reviews, lack of a full bar isn't going to make the place fail. Many people can enjoy a meal w/ a non-alcoholic beverage, beer, or wine. Frankly, I can't remember the last time I had a cocktail w/ my meal - it's more a pre-dinner or non-food thing in my circle.

dragonfly1

Beach Lover
Aug 20, 2007
I love Stinky's. Will try The Lake Place....saw the $5.00 to park sign....thought that was rather tacky....is that for either place?