• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

tide12

Beach Lover
May 9, 2006
You anxiously waited for the place to open, then walked out w/o even trying it because you couldn't get a strong drink that would numb your tastebuds w/ your meal? :dunno:

Based on the many rave reviews, lack of a full bar isn't going to make the place fail. Many people can enjoy a meal w/ a non-alcoholic beverage, beer, or wine. Frankly, I can't remember the last time I had a cocktail w/ my meal - it's more a pre-dinner or non-food thing in my circle.

To each his own.

cherijean

Beach Fanatic
Lake Place & Stinky's

The Lake Place was very successful for many years w/no liquor licence prior to Stinky's. Stinky's did not have a liquor license until last month and was very successful without it... Both Lake Place and Stinky's are one of the few places we have on 30A where everything is made fresh in house.

We have been loyal customers of Jim's since he was at Flamingo Cafe... now with his talents and those of his other chefs on board you must go back and have dinner.... I promise you will be happy and they do have a very nice wine list.

BeachbumAggie

Beach Fanatic
Jun 6, 2008
Arlington, TX
Drink smink, I am soooooo ready to try the Lake Place.

My folks and brother are coming to Seagrove with me and hubby next month and my folks are so excited to try Stinky's and The Lake Place. Flamingo Cafe was our special meal back in the day in Destin.

CincyBeachGirl

Beach Lover
Sep 20, 2008
I can't say enough good stuff about Stinky's. The fresh ingredients are to die for! We come over several times a month from PCB to eat at Stinky's. Can't wait to try Lake Place. You know, I guess if someone wanted some liquor, one could always eat at Lake Place and head back to Stinky's for a nightcap!?? Just a thought.

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
I walked in last Friday, and walked out when I learned that the place had no liquor licence. I enjoy a martini with my haute cuisine. I predict that this place will fail. You need a full bar to succeed with a place like this, IMO.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Pure gold. Lake place will do just fine without having to serve you liquor. Baytowne may be more your speed

tide12

Beach Lover
May 9, 2006
We'll see. The track record of such places that only offer beer and wine is not good.

conched out

Beach Lover
Jun 15, 2008
BIG/EASY profits in liquor....so much added revenue for a restaurant!
It's the only way to go IMO. Now there are companies that perform
inventory liquor control so there is accountability and consistency with
sales tickets. No more bartender keeping the profits/giveways to increase
their own tips, etc.
Regarding Lake Place, we will go and keep going if the food is great...my
husband always drinks wine and I like my one or two grey goose citron vodka
with a splash of cran and lime:) Its not usually a dealbreaker for me but if I was
younger it would have been! And sometimes still is!

tide12

Beach Lover
May 9, 2006
BIG/EASY profits in liquor....so much added revenue for a restaurant!
It's the only way to go IMO. Now there are companies that perform
inventory liquor control so there is accountability and consistency with
sales tickets. No more bartender keeping the profits/giveways to increase
their own tips, etc.
Regarding Lake Place, we will go and keep going if the food is great...my
husband always drinks wine and I like my one or two grey goose citron vodka
with a splash of cran and lime:) Its not usually a dealbreaker for me but if I was
younger it would have been! And sometimes still is!
................................................................................................................
The only 30-A fine dining establishment to operate continuously over the past five years WITHOUT a license is Cafe Tango, unless I'm mistaken.