• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

GatorsGal

Beach Comber
Nov 5, 2007
Wow - I didn't realize UGA only has 3 wins over UF in 20 years, and that UF has 3 national championships in the same period. Oh wait. I did know that and so does the rest of the football world.

GatorsGal

Beach Comber
Nov 5, 2007
In the past decade, the Florida Gators have won 261 games and lost only 95 while going to three NCAA championship games and winning two (2006 and 2007). The Gators are one of only eight teams in history to win back-to-back NCAA titles and during the past decade, only Kansas (282-69), Duke (281-60) and Memphis (266-85) have won more games and only North Carolina (NCAA titles in 2005 and 2009) has matched Florida’s two championships.

The Gators have won at least 20 games every single year since 2000 and among the teams that have won an NCAA championship, only Kansas and Duke can make that claim in that time frame. Among Southeastern Conference teams, the Gators have the best record in the league by a wide margin --- Kentucky is second place at 240-97 over the same period of time. Florida is the only team in the SEC with at least 20 wins a season over the 10-year span. Kentucky had its string of 20-win seasons interrupted last year.

Florida coach Billy Donovan has 11 consecutive 20-win seasons dating back to the 1998-99 season, which is the most of any coach in SEC history at the same school. Tubby Smith has 12 straight 20-win seasons, two at Georgia and 10 at Kentucky (1998-2007).

Gator Nation,
Have we won so many national championships that you are spending hundreds of dollars a month extra to keep your family and vehicles attired in the latest championship t-shirts, sweatshirts, car decals, license plate frames,etc., not to mention the latest Victoria's Secret Gator Gear Victoria's Secret - University of Florida ?

That being said, please exhibit your cultural, yet school-spirited, side by beating the Auburn Tigers/War Eagles/Plainsmen and the Alabama Crimson Tide/Elephants/whatever mascots in the rally to support the REP and at the same time rep your team.

Give me an orange.
Orange ... orange ... orange.
Give me a blue ... blue ... blue ... blue.
Orange ... blue ... fight Gators, fight ... yeah!

Dear Gator Nation,
Am I gonna have to get Big D to whomp up on you all to ante up to rep your school? For God's sake, this is FLORIDA. We should be winning big time for the REP theatre in the state in which we were educated. (No snide jokes from you Alabama and Auburn people. I have plenty of one-liners for you all.)

Sincerely,
Beach Runner