• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
It all started at one of those "safe" gun ranges for "responsible" gun owners.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Prayers for the families of everyone involved, and for the law enforcement community in both Okaloosa and Walton Counties.

Better yet, leo's everywhere. :cry:

Susan Horn

Beach Fanatic
My lands, I was driving back from Montgomery and was going to the Tom Thumb at 331 and 90 about an hour ago, and I just about fainted from seeing more than a dozen law enforcement vehicles all over the intersection. I thought it had been a bad wreck or something. They still had the 2 eastbound lanes of 90 blocked and were routing eastbound traffic in one of the westbound lanes when I came through. Jeepers. I'm glad I was nowhere near when the whole thing happened!

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
I was up in DeFuniak for a number of reasons. The road to my Mom's house is just a street or two away from where this happened. I stopped by there in late afternoon and they mentioned about some big traffic issue on 90 that had been going on since 1 p.m.. Traffic was backed up quite a bit from the West. When I left her house at 6 pm a a number of sheriff etc. car lights were still blazing. Had no idea what had happened and missed the news as was driving home to SoWal. At that time was concerned for only a tragic traffic accident. Saw this just now on SoWal. Goodness. This is so sad and I'm sorry for all those involved and my condolences to family and friends.

CincyBeachGirl

Beach Lover
Sep 20, 2008
At least the woman won't have to worry about her husband ever beating her again. It's just too bad that two officers had to give their lives. I'm glad Walton County Sheriffs took care of that creep.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
How awful. My prayers go out to the officers' families.

Glad the psycho wife beater is dead, but very sad that he had to ruin so many lives and hurt so many people before he went to hell.