• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I thought I read that it started in the parking lot of a Target.
Per your own link to the newspaper article, the scumbag first sent his wife to the emergency room, then went to the Shoal River Gun Club, where he shot and killed the 2 deputies sent to arrest him.

Since both deputies were husbands and fathers, who died protecting all of us, perhaps you could take the politics and sniping to a different thread.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
guns don't kill people, people with guns kill people

Deranged people with guns kill people. The rest of us carry them to hopefully be able to protect ourselves and our families from said deranged people (apparently they are everywhere, even here, now), and then there are hunters, and gun collectors.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Per your own link to the newspaper article, the scumbag first sent his wife to the emergency room, then went to the Shoal River Gun Club, where he shot and killed the 2 deputies sent to arrest him.

Since both deputies were husbands and fathers, who died protecting all of us, perhaps you could take the politics and sniping to a different thread.

And now I read it started over a tube of Clearasil. As to your question, no.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
I am sorry for the 2 deputies from Okaloosa Co. But I honestly think it might have been a better move to wait until he LEFT the firing range to arrest him. He might have at least had his gun holstered and put away.
EDIT: Just read an AP update that says :"Lopez and York went to a shooting range to arrest Cartwright after Cartwright's wife went to an area hospital for domestic abuse injures.
Spooner said they stopped Cartwright near his truck as he left the shooting range and tried to arrest him. Cartwright began arguing and resisting arrest and York used a stun gun to subdue him. Cartwright began shooting while on the ground.
"Within seconds he sat up and began firing a weapon that came out of nowhere, it was somewhere on his body we assume," he said...
Spooner said that between 30 and 40 rounds were exchanged between Cartwright and the two deputies...
Investigators say Cartwright and deputies at the roadblock exchanged about 60 rounds in 30 to 40 seconds before he was killed. "

Sounds like this one one real nutjob that would have done what he did no matter WHERE he was caught.

Last edited: