• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I get a headache watching large grown men run at full speed the length of the football field, and collide with each other. Ouch! I like the arena football much better b/c the smaller field reminds me of playing back yard games as a kid. As a matter of fact, I'd like to watch arena football where the same players play both offense and defense until the game ends, having only a few subs for injury. That is the real football I know.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
I get a headache watching large grown men run at full speed the length of the football field, and collide with each other. Ouch! I like the arena football much better b/c the smaller field reminds me of playing back yard games as a kid. As a matter of fact, I'd like to watch arena football where the same players play both offense and defense until the game ends, having only a few subs for injury. That is the real football I know.

I think you're right; I would like it more if the PA system didn't play music louder than a concert between every single play. :angry:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I think you're right; I would like it more if the PA system didn't play music louder than a concert between every single play. :angry:
Ah, you've never been to an Atlanta Falcons game, have you? You cannot hear the person standing next to you when they pump on the music between plays.

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
I like going to Tampa, New Orleans, Jacksonville and Atlanta for their NFL games. It is a fair trade since they like to come here for our beaches. I agree that the rumor must have been started with all the Saint's coaches and staff being in South Walton this past week. They had a meeting and some were putting on the finishing touches to their new homes in WaterColor, etc. Maybe a training camp for one of teams would not be too far of a stretch. They could go home to their own beach homes. Now is a good time for them to buy. Good jobs, good cash flow.

Joe Mammy

Beach Lover
Mar 26, 2007
There are two seasons for the NFL: NFL season and waiting for the NFL season.

I heard rumors on ESPN radio today that either Jax or Minn may be moving to LA.

As a former Miami Dolphins season ticket holder for many years there are few things more enjoyable and exciting than attending NFL games. I usually go to Jax and NOLA a few times each year, it would be great if there was anything closer to our area.

Suma

Beach Lover
Aug 6, 2007
Tallahassee
We have had two arena football teams in Tallahassee since 2000, Thunder and Titans. Neither lasted more than a couple of years.

We had a hockey team, the Tiger Sharks, which lasted a little longer. But alas, there simply were not enough transplanted northerners here to attend the games and keep them in business.