• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

wintersbk

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2005
TEXAS
Wow just checked back in and found quite a few replys :clap:

We ended up finding a place at inlet beach, but after all the replies my curiousity is up. I'm going to plan a day trip to Mexcio Beach and Cape San Blas. Sounds like a fun trip :D.

Thanks to all for the replies.

CPort

Beach Fanatic
Feb 15, 2007
Clearbranch, Miss
I spent a couple of nights in Mexico Beach last Feb. and loved it. I love the country feel. The seafood was wonderful and I loved the fact you could get it at simple mom and pop places. I have lots of pictures in my albums.

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
I spent a couple of nights in Mexico Beach last Feb. and loved it. I love the country feel. The seafood was wonderful and I loved the fact you could get it at simple mom and pop places. I have lots of pictures in my albums.

Hey CP, you need to post some of your pictures on here of Mexico Beach. My hubby and I love driving over through Mexico Beach. I could easily stay there in a mom and pop hotel. I thought the beach over there was nice looking.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
We'll head to Mexico Beach or the other direction, Pensacola, when we arrive early on Saturday - way too anxious to be at beach:)
There are alot of shells. Nice public beach area. (Sulphury odor at St. Joe's.) Saw dolphins more often.
We like exploring there but have been drawn to 30A. Love 30A.
If I had to choose between Mexico Beach and PCB - Mexico Beach, of course. Same with Sandestin/Destin, etc.

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
I stayed in the El Governor Hotel recently. Good value for a beach front at $85.00, clean and comfortable. Nice friendly people all over town and very quiet. I liked that the city and people aren't trying to be anything other than what they are, a small friendly seaside town.

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Pics of Mexico Beach pier, shells, cute shops (where I always buy something I don't need) and dunes at the State Park.

This pic is indeed Mexico Beach. The two shops are called Tropical Breeze and Two Gulls at the Beach.
Here is a link below to a area at Mexico Beach called Crooked Island. It has a bunch of nice pictures of the area, beautiful water. We will have to visit Crooked Island and explore Mexico Beach a little more.

http://www.mexicobeach.com/cdc/PhotoAlbumDisplay.cfm?Category_ID=30&albumname=Crooked Island#cat=

Last edited:

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Here are a few photos from there. It gives me a small beach town feeling. Reminds me a bit of the Jersey Shore.

img_1165.jpg

img_1126.jpg

img_1088.jpg

These are great! You ought to look at pictures of Crooked Island which is a part of Mexico Beach. I put the link on here. Here are some more pics of Mexico Beach. It is as beautiful as any of the beach along the panhandle and definitely is not a swamp. I am sure Kurt was kidding when he said that. ;-)

Last edited:

dogflyguy

Beach Lover
Sep 24, 2007
My mom and dad lived in Mexico bch for over 15 yrs,just down the road from Tucan's and we have alway's loved the beach for not being crowded,filled with rude people,no worrying about sitting on someones propertyand getting arrested,little to no riptides/undertow except during storms,sometimes water is crystal clear (but i agree not as pretty as the blue/green of 30A). playing volleyball at Tucans and even having beach fires,excellent shelling and some of the best inshore fishing around, more little eateries opening all the time. sorry no big overpriced restaurants or traffic moving at a snails pace just a nice getaway place