• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

sbartoldus

Beach Fanatic
May 19, 2007
Here
www.thirdeyeimages.net
Walton County, FL - Home Page - Animal Control

If you have lost a pet, it may have been picked up by Walton County Animal Control. If the animal can be identified, then I believe it will be returned. The county posts the animal on its site for 7 days. If it is being held at the shelter in Chipley and not claimed after 7 days, it most likely will be euthanized. Please keep checking the site! The site will also say if it is being held at Alaqua Animal Refuge, which is a no-kill shelter.

Added note: The shelter in Chipley takes in astounding numbers of animals from several counties. Please remember they are doing the best they can.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Post as much info about your lost pet as you can in a new thread. Date last seen, location last seen, name, habits, size, sex, weight, breed, color, collars if any, etc. Post your contact info.

If anyone has more tips on how to find lost pets, websites, numbers for shelters, and animal control, or advice about chip implants, etc. post here.

4dogs

Beach Lover
Mar 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Finding your dog

1) Call Walton County Animal Control 850-892-8682
2) Get out and look. If you walk your dog follow that route.
3) Call all the surronding vet offices
4) Make up fliers and post everywhere in your neighborhood and at all vet offices.
5) Enlist any children in your area to help look, call firends get them to help.
6) Post on SoWal
7) Knock on doors and ask if they have seen your dog.
8) Call the surronding Animal Controls:Bay County 850-767-3333, Okaloosa County 850-243-1525 People tend to pick up dogs and take them to their area, which may not be in our county
9) Call all the vets in Bay and Okaloosa County
10) Run an ad in the newspaper it is free!

I am sure I am forgetting something. The most important thing is to act quickly. Don't sit there and wait for the pet to come home.

Last edited: