• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
The only downside to opening another restraunt in that location is the parking problem. Remember when the Wheelhouse was open and people parked perpendicular to 30a on both sides. Getting out entailed stopping traffic and causing further back-ups, and that was before the additional development in that area causing the current back-ups from 395 to the Wheelhouse. A regular occurence during peak tourist season. Please don't add to the problem with another eatery we don't need.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
The only downside to opening another restraunt in that location is the parking problem. Remember when the Wheelhouse was open and people parked perpendicular to 30a on both sides. Getting out entailed stopping traffic and causing further back-ups, and that was before the additional development in that area causing the current back-ups from 395 to the Wheelhouse. A regular occurence during peak tourist season. Please don't add to the problem with another eatery we don't need.

Excluding the Taco Bar in Seaside and La Botana in Seagrove could you list alllll the other Mexican Restaurants we have?

I love pizza and I love the fact that I have options when dining out. I'd like those same options when it comes to Mexican food. You could always encourage new business owners and leave for work 5 minutes earlier. We live in a tourist destination and that means the occasional slow down.

If everyone had that attitude then your employer would never have built that 499 acre development and installed a 4 way stop that added 1 minute to my commute.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Is there some minimum number of rest. of each gender that you feel we must have on 30a in order to provide you with adequate choices? What about those off 30a, or don't they count?
I'm sure the people who live on the streets behind the Wheelhouse will really enjoy the extra traffic generated as people cut through their neighborhood trying to minimize the time standing still. Some people do have lives outside of dining out and schedules to keep.
Oh, and by the way that four way stop does not create a safety hazard as does the parking situation at the Wheelhouse. Its not only about the time but the safety aspect also.

Last edited:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com

I'm fine with letting the market determine how many we need. I do remember problems there and I remember at one point a proposal to put a stop sign on either side of the restaurant. I also remember trying to back out and not being able to see squat.

If a business went in there that was any more popular than the Wheel House was it could be a real mess.

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
I'm fine with letting the market determine how many we need. I do remember problems there and I remember at one point a proposal to put a stop sign on either side of the restaurant. I also remember trying to back out and not being able to see squat.

If a business went in there that was any more popular than the Wheel House was it could be a real mess.

We've already ignored parking problems for new restaurants - aka Stinkys and the Lake Place. They are going to have to run shuttles from the field at the west end of 30A and 98 before summer is over.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
I seem to remember the flashing caution signs and a 15 mph limit right in front of there, not just for the restaurant, but for visitors trying to cross the road. There are just as many (or more) people backing out of driveways in that area as there ever was cars backing out of the Wheelhouse. But if more people would practice a little thing called "common courtesy", I dont see the need to oppose a business located in a venerable location that has always been popular. Not to mention the fine family that owns the property being able to make a few dollars. You have to stop for the bike path crossing right there so it is an area the deserves extra caution anyway. As for people having lives outside of dining etc, and you live on 30A, it seems to reason that you would have figured out by now that 30A isnt the most commute friendly road around here.

Last edited:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Is there some minimum number of rest. of each gender that you feel we must have on 30a in order to provide you with adequate choices? What about those off 30a, or don't they count?
I'm sure the people who live on the streets behind the Wheelhouse will really enjoy the extra traffic generated as people cut through their neighborhood trying to minimize the time standing still. Some people do have lives outside of dining out and schedules to keep.
Oh, and by the way that four way stop does not create a safety hazard as does the parking situation at the Wheelhouse. Its not only about the time but the safety aspect also.
People come flying down those streets anyway because they are too impatient to wait a couple minutes.

I'd love to have a restaurant w/ a unique food type (gender means male or female BTW) instead of a vacant eyesore.

Restaurants in Sowal w/ sufficient parking spaces are in the minority, so perhaps simply requiring sufficient parking is better than banning re-opening restaurants in existing locations.

jpbhen

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2005
Seagrove/Cincinnati

why the tone here?

shellak

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
mexican restaurant

i've been saying for a long time that we need a good mexican restaurant somewhere around 30a if not on it. not a big fan of senor mojitos. luna del mar was fabulous. parking does have to be a major consideration. i actually thought someone should do the airstream thing in seaside for mexican food but dave rauschkolb beat 'em to it with his taco bar. there seems to be enough empty space around here to put one in. how about dave seering's place in redfish village? plenty of parking.

Last edited:

DavidD

Beach Fanatic
Jul 23, 2008
Seagrove
www.davidDdesign.com
I just wish that someone would do something with the Wheel House building. Its quite an eyesore that I have to drive past everyday. I would think that the owners of the building would want to do something to make it generate money- rebuild/lease/sell? Maybe they have it listed at 05 prices. I would love to see a Mexican restaurant there. I think that parking is probably an issue as to why it hasn't reopened as an eatery. Maybe there is a way around it, like being primarily a take-out restaurant.