• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

tide12

Beach Lover
May 9, 2006
Wow, that's an amazingly blunt statement. Could you please enlighten those of us who aren't aware of the fine dining establishments in PCB?

P.S. If it's in Pier Park it's a chain and not fine dining.

Canopies did sell out for condos along with the stereotypical 50's Chinese restaurant. However, the owners of Canopies reopened Firefly. I haven't tried it yet, but if you're looking for "fine dining" in a strip mall, apparently it is the place to go.

Firefly sucks like a Hoover.

CincyBeachGirl

Beach Lover
Sep 20, 2008
I eat out a lot and many of those places are in PCB and a FEW in PC. IF I want fine dining, and sometimes I do, I head to 30-A. Firefly has been fine for me, but it still doesn't compare to what SoWal offers. There are great "beach spots" near home......many people define fine dining in differently. KingFish at Marriott Baypoint has a great Sunday Brunch but I don't know about dinner. Guy Harvey's at Pier Park is a nice place...... lots of fun places to go..... but for something more "special" we head west!

Green Knight

Beach Lover
Apr 30, 2009
Please dont confuse Panama City with Panama City Beach. PCB has better restaurants and bars than 30-A and destin combined and it isnt even close. Theres nothing that beats RedBar on 30-A, fine dining or not. Fine dining is such a primadonna term anyway. If a restaurant isnt a good place to drink at, who cares about the food. I live in Inlet beach, plenty of great places to eat so Im looking for something else. Its all the same anyway, we should be one county from Hathaway bridge to Destin.

Huhhh??...enlighten me please....Destin and SoWal have PC and PCB whipped in the dining and bars competition....it's not really a competition either when it is that one-sided.....Pier Park is like the mecca of the PC Dining Scene....You know it's bad when a town gets excited for Margaritaville..Red Robin...Five Guys..etc..etc

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
There used to be Canopies on 15th that I thought was good but alas, they sold out so more condo's could be built. Don't think the project went ahead but the restaraunt is gone.
Canopies did not own the land, they leased it. THe owner of the land sold it for condos, not Canopies owners.
I've heard that the Saltwater Grill in PCB is very good.
I love Saltwater Grill and I dont think of it as casual.