• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I always thought it was pretty good for franchise BBQ. There are a couple in Atlanta. They sure think a lot of their own food, though. Dang...it's expensive compared to most other places...

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
We enjoy the one in Birmingham AL (just west of 65 South). We try to arrange meal stops there when traveling. If we have time, we dine in. Otherwise food to go. Nice people. They spoke nicely of our fans and teams that are in the area often. Thank you. Ellen

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
If you do have to make the Niceville trek, also stop into Chaisson's market tucked behind the Niceville McDonald's for some thaw and bake homemade bread and interesting cajun/creole offerings. (They also do good takeout lunch and Saturday morning fresh beignets)

Everytime

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
Shelby County, Alabama
UofL:

There is actually another, newer Jim N' Nick's just off of I-65 as you pass through Birmingham, at the Colonial Promenade shopping center in Alabaster (Wal-Mart/Lowe's outparcel - up on the hill, Exit 238). In that same center is another local BBQ favorite, Full Moon BBQ, which is probably my favorite of the two. Be aware that Full Moon puts chow-chow on their sandwiches (I love it but some order it without). There's also a Jim N' Nick's off of I-65 in Prattville; I think it's Exit 179 and to the right. There are many more places I could tell you about, but this is a "Quick Reply."

~Everytime
(an expert of Birmingham's BBQ and hot dog establishments)

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
I can confirm it is the same owners of Jim N Nicks at Baytowne that are opening in the old Ruby Tuesday's location in front of Beall's Department Store. (The plaza just west of Walmart)

Are you sure it is closed at Baytowne? I saw someone in there cleaning early the other morning.

There are a LOT of things dried up at Baytowne, have you noticed?

jamie

Beach Lover
Mar 3, 2007
the daughter of a friend works at jim 'n nicks & she said they were closing (or already have closed--not sure which) the one at baytowne. so that is correct information.

Last edited by a moderator: