• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

beach dawg

Beach Comber
Mar 22, 2005
Marietta, GA
My wife and I just ate at the Caliza Pool last Saturday.

The bad- The restaurant was full (actually we were verry happy to see it was doing well!) so we ate at the bar.

The good- Everything. Service was great, food was great, and it is a 10+ on the romantic scale. The manager noticed that we looked a little cold and brought us blankets. Can't wait to go back and enjoy the restaurant. I would highly recommend!

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I did their special set dinner last fall before they closed and was QUITE impressed by the level of service.

Great place to eat, glad to see they have expanded the menu!

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
#bump#

Went to Caliza Friday night and I have one word: Unreal.

Perhaps the coolest, most eclectic menu I have ever seen in the area. And without a doubt the neatest space in Northwest Florida.

We ate at the bar which was fine. Basically ordered a series of tapas, including some outstanding foie gras.

I assume the Vogts designed Caliza as well as the rest of Alys. It's almost like being on another planet compared to the places we usually frequent in sowal.

We may just stay at Alys next time so I can use this wonderful pool during the day.

It really was an awesome experience.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
Yes, it was the Vogts. I am dying to see their masterpiece! Thanks for the report. What percent of your satisfaction was due to the simple fact that you were able to have a nice dinner out? :lol: