• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Re: Lake Place Fire

So sad!!! When I saw the title, I first thought it was one of those new developments going up, not the restaurant. I am with LL...makes you want to get all the wiring checked down there!

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
That's a scary thought for sure. It must be devastating to lose one's restaurant, people's jobs, etc., in a fire. My family had a small luncheonette when I was growing up and I can't imagine how horrible it would feel to lose one's business, even with insurance. The only good thing one could say in this kind of situation is that at least nobody was physically harmed. (I hope that's the case.)

scrltbegonya

Beach Fanatic
Dec 14, 2005
SRB
And Cafe Spiazzia burned, too...

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Also Back Porch in Destin a couple years ago. Fire did something like $200K worth of damage, but they managed to get reopened in a month or so.

Damon's in Ft. Walton Beach- somewhat weird circumstances right after Hurricane George.

That pizza and a movie second run theater on Eglin Parkway in FWB about the same time as Damon's.

steele mama

Beach Fanatic
Mar 14, 2005
Newnan, Georgia
This is sooo sad. We have very good friends who worked at The Lake Place. What an awesome restaurant. I hope they are indeed able to rebuild and reopen. Great chef! Great food! :sosad:

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove
OH no!!! How horrible!! This is one of our very favorite places!
God Bless those folks who work there....just the best!

We spent one of the most delightful evenings there on 12/30. Hoping and praying for a good rebound for The Lake Place & all it's folks!

Thanks for the photo.

olive

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2005
This is unbelievably sad! Lake Place is one of our favorite restaurants. Great food and even better staff. I sincerely hope that they are able to rebuild ASAP. Our hearts go out to them.

bluemtnfriend

Beach Lover
Aug 18, 2005
Tennessee
My husband and I were doing the move in thing at Bella Vita and were on our way back to Bed Bath & Beyond and decided to grab a bite at the " fishing camp" looking place on 30 A. We were dressed in short and tee's, a little sweaty and very tired.
Walked in, spotted the white linen cloths, and went 'Oh no, we're not dressed for this place". Courtney, who became one of our favorite server's told us to come on in "you're fine". We've since enjoyed many wonderful meals and wish all the best to the staff and owner.