• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
I must have been mistaken that the pie was made by you. They were saying that your key lime pie was the best, so I assumed. This one was very good though. Sorry if I mis-spoke.

:wave: Absolutely no problem...I understand....especially with the opening of a new restaurant. Those first weeks are so hectic. I wish Henry and all of Grayton the very best!!!

sarahmonster

Beach Comber
Sep 17, 2008
I'm so glad shorty's is finally open!!!
i hear the food is great (and that's from two of the pickiest foodies i know! ;) )
i'm definitely trying the delicious lime soup!! i'm going tonight around dinner time so i will post a review later. parking has always been bad in grayton so just ride a bike... great idea green knight! :D i am just one of the many people who are excited for a new place to be open in grayton :) cheers to shorty's!

Camellia

Beach Fanatic
Nov 26, 2004
Regarding drinking and (bike)riding -- a monumentally bad idea. But maybe the bike riders control their thirst at the Red Bar and environs better than I do.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Regarding drinking and (bike)riding -- a monumentally bad idea. But maybe the bike riders control their thirst at the Red Bar and environs better than I do.

Take a taxi!
Designated driver. :dunno:
Walk if you can.

Please don't drink and drive!!!

As for the parking, the owner of the building Jay Odom, created I know at least 10 new parking spaces for Shorty's on his own property and I think two nice handicap parking spaces right next to the side with the stairs go up. How great though that you can now go through the front door!!!!

For about 15 years parking has always been an issue. If people will work together on Hotz Avenue and come up with some alternative parking solutions that benefits everyone, then I believe all would be well in Grayton's little world. Think how far out you have to park in Baytown...or get shuttled in.

Good luck to all!!! Hotz Avenue is such a unique place and there should be something for everyone. Just a suggestion. I can't wait to see the new restaurant and dine...but I'll wait a while. :drool:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Will finally got around to getting his license yesterday, and I sent him on his first errand- down to Shorty's to grab a menu. I will tell y'all- it looks great! Perfect at the beach food, reasonable prices. The scanner is not hooked up right now, but here are a few highlights (in my book at least:D)...

Ceviche- Fresh Gulf grouper or shrimp marinated in lime juice with onions, peppers, and cilantro. It's a cool delicious bite for a hot day. Served with crispy tortilla chips. $8.50

Lime Soup- Tangy veg and chicken soup made with lime juice and served over tortilla chips. Light and refreshing. cup 3.50 bowl 5.50

There are 3 big salads- garden, crab and grilled shrimp- house citrus vinaigrette or ranch, and mini muffins.

For entrees, it runs the gamut from fired or grilled shrimp, fried grilled or blackened grouper, shrimp n' Grits, crab n'grits, grilled veggie pasta with pistachio pesto, steaks, cheeseburgers, poboys, chicken sandwich- prices range from $7.50 to 23.50. The sides are great looking- lots of choices, and a kids menu with the highest priced item being $4.50.

If the food is as good as everyone is saying it is- winner!:clap:

HeyJude

Beach Comber
Oct 2, 2008
Ate lunch there today - YUM!!! Had the Grouper Sammy with fries and it was delish - fish was cooked perfectly and I could've eaten the accompanying tartar sauce with a spoon! Great lemonade, too. Loved the decor of the joint - very beachy with lots of aquas and whites. And was impressed with the size of the downstairs bar. Definitely could see myself enjoying a margarita saddled up at the bar after (or before) a trip to the beach. Appeared flip flop and suit casual. Way to go, Shorty's!

tuck

Beach Lover
Dec 17, 2005
The "Off the Leash" Cheeseburger is the bomb. I ate there today and was really impressed. The burger was grilled perfect and the side order of Dawg Fries were a hit. I also tried the Lime soup that was written about earlier in this post. It was fantastic as everyone said.

I learned the place is named after the owners long time dog that passed away. Hence all the menu references to treats, biscuits, pups, rewards, ext.. I will gladly eat there again. The prices are good especially for the servings.

The staff was courteous, fast and attentive. I can see this place being a family hit. The kids menu is cool.:clap::clap:

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
are shorty's burgers grilled like red bars?i've been to flip flops and other places and imho none compare with the red bar. i actually ate lunch at the red bar today and it was empty and i saw shortys looked crowded. i'll try shorty's

The "Off the Leash" Cheeseburger is the bomb. I ate
there today and was really impressed. The burger was grilled perfect and the side order of Dawg Fries were a hit. I also tried the Lime soup that was written about earlier in this post. It was fantastic as everyone said.

I learned the place is named after the owners long time dog that passed away. Hence all the menu references to treats, biscuits, pups, rewards, ext.. I will gladly eat there again. The prices are good especially for the servings.

The staff was courteous, fast and attentive. I can see this place being a family hit. The kids menu is cool.:clap::clap: