• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
Love that phrase! :rotfl: Eligible for what? I'm sure there's lots of em out there but are there any that you'd want and if so what do you want them for? Dont get me wrong guys - same goes for eligible women. Just a very nebulous term.

Funny that women are looking for men. Don't see any men looking for eligible ladies. :dunno: Old zen philosophy - if you want it to badly, you can't have it. So I'm just a cork on the ocean. If it happens, it happens but I'm no longer willing to buy the whole pig just for the sausage. Now you guys can all slam me :laughing1

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Cork On the Ocean said:
Eligible for what?
Eligible, as defined by the American Heritage Dictionary, means "Desirable and worthy of choice, esp. for marriage.

Cork On the Ocean said:
Funny that women are looking for men. Don't see any men looking for eligible ladies. :dunno: Old zen philosophy - if you want it to badly, you can't have it. So I'm just a cork on the ocean. If it happens, it happens but I'm no longer willing to buy the whole pig just for the sausage. :laughing1

Well said, especially, "I'm no longer willing to buy the whole pig just for the sausage." That too, could be an old Zen saying.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Oldtimer said:
Whoa! Look out, Joe, you just moved up on the list! :clap_1:

Cork did not mention that she is looking, and gatrgirl has not acknowledged my sense of humor, so I think that I am safe, not to mention that I am unavailable for marriage at this time.

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
Never looking Joe - remember the seeking thing. Am single but also sharp enough to realize that the photo of what I assume is mini-you on your profile is a pretty good clue that there's a little lady around. The refreshing aspect of this group is that there don't appear to be any perv stalkers (anybody want to fess up?). Hopefully, there is no "list" here. Just a bunch a nice people talking about a place they love.

Mike B.

Beach Lover
Jan 13, 2005
Nashville, TN
Became single as of about a week ago. I think I agree with the philosophy that if you want it too much, you wont get it...