• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DavidD

Beach Fanatic
Jul 23, 2008
Seagrove
www.davidDdesign.com
Just to go over this part one more time, it is known who the truck belonged to? I'm guessing legally you may not want to put that info out here, but I'm very interested in knowing what company would issue a vehicle to such a person and then want to protect them. I've been eyeing up blue F150's wondering. Although by now the truck is probably in a swamp in Ponce De Leon.
Hang in there.

Daugette_Matt

Beach Lover
Jan 12, 2009
Walton county's finest hard at "work" I have had only a few dealings with the local five0's, and they have always been very polite and professional. But ask them to do something, and they will find all kinds of ways to not do it. When I want them to just leave me alone, that is not a problem. But when I have needed something, I have been let down everytime. They think they are big-time. But they are not.
I would like to believe that when a citizen has been threatened, hurt, and involved in a hit and run, with a plate #, physical description, and witnesses, that the cops would love to just arrest someone for it. Like the Company owner who will not cooperate, or the guy who is driving the vehicle when it is spotted.
I'll bet if they arrest someone associated with the vehicle very soon after that there will be an accurate name attached to the accident.
The wheels of Justice apparently are not actually "wheels" justice does not "roll"

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I'm going to lean on the side of optimism and assume that they are busy crossing t's and dotting i's. Perhaps the driver is registered as carrying a concealed weapon. I'd approach that situation very carefully and slowly too. It could be a business owner stone walling the cops and saying he doesn't know who was driving the truck. There are many factors that come into play. Perhaps they know he'll make bail so they are waiting to arrest him Friday night so he's got a long weekend to cool off.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
I am sure there are any number of reasons that might cause the officials to "be careful" and thorough. I am a bit puzzled, though, that the victim seems to be as much in the dark as the rest of us about the procedures.

If I had been through this, I would want more information from the investigating officials.

Tillerjeff

Beach Lover
May 7, 2009
Midwal, near the water
well the investigator called me yesterday and told me he's not getting around to it untill next week. i hate to say this but i now have no faith in our police department, the only thing i know for sure they will do is stop me for speeding down 98 and give me a ticket. has anyone had experence with the FDLE? should i call them and get them involved?

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
OK, I will retract if proven wrong, but I am calling BS on this story. It just doesn't make sense. I can't imagine the cops just letting an assault case like this collect dust, and I am also wondering why this story never appeared in any of our local fish wrappers.

If I am wrong, I will be the first to admit it.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
OK, I have hesitated to comment on this story, but dear Skunky, I am calling BS on your BS. What everyone seems to be forgetting is that while law enforcement is 24/7, each employee does not work 24/7, and normally it's one officer to a case, be it patrol or investigations. Further complicating the situation is that they don't have the luxury of working one case at a time.

I don't know who the deputy initially working it was, and I do not know which investigator it has now been assigned to (I know ShallowsFuzz didn't get it, because I keep asking him). Since it was mentioned that the deputy came to work at 6:00 p.m., it is a safe assumption that he is working the midnight shift and it's really hard to interview people or get assistance from other officers on a case in the wee hours of the morning. Not to mention, patrol works at least a 10-hour shift - it might be 12 hours now - which means that each officer is OFF DUTY at least three days a week. Now, the case has gone to the Criminal Investigations Division, but CID does not work on weekends, except for whoever has the on-call rotation or under emergency conditions. Like the rest of the department, the investigators cannot work more than 40 hours per week. Sometimes they have to, but since it must be taken as comp time, that simply results in MORE time away from the office - and their cases - later.

I am as puzzled as the rest of you and it does seem like an awfully long time for things to be playing out, but evidently it's not an open-and-shut case or it wouldn't have gone to CID. I am anxious for this POS to be caught, as I don't want him running down anyone else. Tillerjeff, I am sorry for your injuries. You didn't deserve this, and I hope you have civil AND criminal resolution soon. I will say that not only have you had the misfortune of being the victim, it appears you have also had the misfortune of having folks assigned to your case that are about to go off their scheduled duty hours - and put simply, that sucks.

By the way, FDLE doesn't work weekends either, unless they get called out by an agency to assist an agency. If all else fails, remember that you do have the right to call Sheriff Adkinson and/or his command staff. The number is 892-8186.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
OK, I have hesitated to comment on this story, but dear Skunky, I am calling BS on your BS. What everyone seems to be forgetting is that while law enforcement is 24/7, each employee does not work 24/7, and normally it's one officer to a case, be it patrol or investigations. Further complicating the situation is that they don't have the luxury of working one case at a time.

I don't know who the deputy initially working it was, and I do not know which investigator it has now been assigned to (I know ShallowsFuzz didn't get it, because I keep asking him). Since it was mentioned that the deputy came to work at 6:00 p.m., it is a safe assumption that he is working the midnight shift and it's really hard to interview people or get assistance from other officers on a case in the wee hours of the morning. Not to mention, patrol works at least a 10-hour shift - it might be 12 hours now - which means that each officer is OFF DUTY at least three days a week. Now, the case has gone to the Criminal Investigations Division, but CID does not work on weekends, except for whoever has the on-call rotation or under emergency conditions. Like the rest of the department, the investigators cannot work more than 40 hours per week. Sometimes they have to, but since it must be taken as comp time, that simply results in MORE time away from the office - and their cases - later.

I am as puzzled as the rest of you and it does seem like an awfully long time for things to be playing out, but evidently it's not an open-and-shut case or it wouldn't have gone to CID. I am anxious for this POS to be caught, as I don't want him running down anyone else. Tillerjeff, I am sorry for your injuries. You didn't deserve this, and I hope you have civil AND criminal resolution soon. I will say that not only have you had the misfortune of being the victim, it appears you have also had the misfortune of having folks assigned to your case that are about to go off their scheduled duty hours - and put simply, that sucks.

By the way, FDLE doesn't work weekends either, unless they get called out by an agency to assist an agency. If all else fails, remember that you do have the right to call Sheriff Adkinson and/or his command staff. The number is 892-8186.

Like I said, I will be the first to admit if I am wrong, but come on, WALCO deputies arrest the manager at Pandora's when a violin and acoustic guitar are playing but the guy who attempts to KILL somebody is allowed to run around for over two weeks?!!

Seriously, you might be privy to information that I am not, but why oh why has this story not been on the front page of the Defuniak Herald or Walton Sun? For God's sake, they are both so starved for news they would have to be interested in this story, and I know they troll this website for material.

I might be wrong, but I am going to be a skeptic until someone is arrested.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
and if this person has not been caught because the law enforcement officials are short staffed, or don't work on weekends, or something like that, then, that is a real concern IMO.

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
Over two weeks, and there is a license plate # and witnesses? I gotta go with Skunky on this one.