• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Kase626 and her dad just stopped by with a really sweet LOST dog. Short hair, about 30ish pounds, black with tan markings and eyebrows, whiplike tail, clean, intact male, very sweet, knows how to ride in a car, and likes kids.

Kase's dad said this dog was hauling down 283 (Bay Dr) like it was chasing it's owner, then shot out onto 98- maybe owned by somebody in Daugettes or off E. Point Washington?

The dog is with Kase (850-890-2073) and her dad (850-890-2297). She took a pic with her camera phone and sent it to my e-mail, so I will post it when I get it.

Kase626

Beach Fanatic
Nov 13, 2007
Seacrest Beach
He really is the sweetest dog I've ever seen. :love: I'm attaching the picture we sent Jdarg.

We went door to door with him for a little while, with no success. Unfortunately, we couldn't take the dog ourselves, because of our own four-legged friends. We took him down to the Sheriff's department on 331, and they fell in love with him just as quickly as we did. They even asked to keep him in their office! :D They are currently transferring him to a no-kill shelter in Freeport where he will be put up for adoption if no one claims him.

I've fallen in love with this dog in the short time he was travelling with us, and he is one of the best-natured dogs I've ever met. :love: I hope that he finds his home soon. If anyone recognizes him, please don't hesitate to call. I really want to make sure that he is taken care of.

Kase626

Beach Fanatic
Nov 13, 2007
Seacrest Beach
He's not neutered, so we assume he's not chipped. The Sheriff's station didn't have a scanner, but I'm sure the shelter will check for a chip. He's such a sweet dog. Hopefully we can locate his owners.

shellak

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
He's not neutered, so we assume he's not chipped. The Sheriff's station didn't have a scanner, but I'm sure the shelter will check for a chip. He's such a sweet dog. Hopefully we can locate his owners.

i just wish people would take better care of their pets and keep them either on a leash or in a fenced yard with a CLOSED gate. i'm sick of excuses - my dog was bitten by 2 jack russell terriers about 6 months ago that were known to be aggressive. they got out of an open gate. they both kept biting my dog - it was awful. i was screaming,and the owner just saunters out and says "oh, i'm sorry". ended up having to take my dog to the vet for treatment. i encounter loose dogs all the time. don't people care if their dog gets hit by a car or stolen? if you're too lazy to walk your dog on a leash, don't have one. we had a cocker spaniel for 14 years and raised the dog with our kids, and he never got out because i made it a priority. the dog was part of our family.

Last edited:

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
I just saw him on facebook!

He's on your friends list. too! :blink::D

I usually try to bite my tongue when it comes to lost pets, but spay, neutering and microchipping here in the NE, is a law now in most States. If it isn't done by a certain time period, the pet could be taken back from the owner. It truly saddens me that I can't find a suitable pup here for adoption through a pound or foster service, but see all these nice pets running around Sowal lost on a constant basis. Seeing them unleashed and hearing about them biting or nipping people and other's dogs really irks me, too. I realize some dogs could be escape artists and may get away now and then, but at least get them neutered or spayed. There seems to be so many of them. It's not terribly expensive or time consuming.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
This dog was owned by someone-he loves people.:cry: Maybe he will get a better home now!

Thanks Kase and Dad for your hard work! That dog is lucky that you stopped.