• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Susan Horn

Beach Fanatic
Am seeking recommendations and contact info fo acunpuncture therapists nearby. Hub threw his back out; acu is the only thing that's ever helped in the past when this happens, and I think the place we used to go has moved out of town.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Am seeking recommendations and contact info fo acunpuncture therapists nearby. Hub threw his back out; acu is the only thing that's ever helped in the past when this happens, and I think the place we used to go has moved out of town.

Going to go see a Dr. Wu over by Camping on the Gulf on Wednesday afternoon. I have heard a lot of good stuff about the guy.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove

Calvin Blount is a family practice doc who has an acupuncturist that works out of his clinic. Sorry, don't know her name.

2bohemians

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
www.searchthe30a.com
When Smoothie had her acupuncture treatments, we asked the vet doc if she could do them for us :D Of course she couldn't, however she did recommend a couple of people. We have not used either of them but thought we would share the info with you.

Oasis Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine
Nancy K. Bellard A.P., DOM., Dipl.Ac., Dipl.C.H.
12607 Hwy 98 West
Miramar Beach, FL 32550
United States
850-837-4844 - phone
850-837-6625 - fax

Calhoun Chiropractic Center
Dr. Lisa Calhoun
[SIZE=-1]16600 Panama City Beach Pkwy[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Panama City Bch, FL 32413[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1](850) 230-1288‎

Hope your man gets well soon -- sending much love from the bohemians!

[/SIZE]

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Good Luck Susan...let us know who you chose

I know Frank and his group moved on from the Tortoise Clinic to "The Farm" in N.C....but is that where Dr. Wu is? Did he buy the Tortoise Clinic?

Frank helped me with the Chinese Teas and Acupuncture when I could not walk due to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I'm sure they're all happy at The Farm!!

Susan Horn

Beach Fanatic
Update: We're just back from first appointment with Dr. Bellard (TCM), working in Dr. Calhoun's office. Great place, friendly staff, and Hub looks like he feels SO much better. Still walking funny, still staying in bed, but definitely on the mend.

Great service, very reasonable price. I think I"m gonna go in soon for a tuneup myself!

Itzkatz--I don't know the details of Tortoise Clinic. We used to go to Frank too, and about the time Dr. Wu arrived was when I guess we were all feeling so healthy we sort of trailed off and stopped going.

My most amazing story from Frank wasn't about the nasty tea smelling up the whole house, or the woozy feeling after acupuncture, but about an amazing migraine cure. Way back years ago, my son had a screaming migraine, on a Saturday afternoon, of course the clinic was already closed and wouldn't be open till Tuesday. Carol got Frank on his cell and had him call me -- he said have him sniff up 1/8 tsp fresh carrot juice up the nostril on the opposite side of where the pain is. If it's on boths sides, sniff both sides. I didn't have juice but I had carrots, so I grated one and squeezed it through a napkin. Had the boy snort the juice and I am not joking, within seconds he was totally relieved of the pain.

That has happened one or two other times, and the carrot juice trick worked then too. I wish I'd known this trick when I had my one and only migraine many many years ago...

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Update: We're just back from first appointment with Dr. Bellard (TCM), working in Dr. Calhoun's office. Great place, friendly staff, and Hub looks like he feels SO much better. Still walking funny, still staying in bed, but definitely on the mend.

Great service, very reasonable price. I think I"m gonna go in soon for a tuneup myself!

Itzkatz--I don't know the details of Tortoise Clinic. We used to go to Frank too, and about the time Dr. Wu arrived was when I guess we were all feeling so healthy we sort of trailed off and stopped going.

My most amazing story from Frank wasn't about the nasty tea smelling up the whole house, or the woozy feeling after acupuncture, but about an amazing migraine cure. Way back years ago, my son had a screaming migraine, on a Saturday afternoon, of course the clinic was already closed and wouldn't be open till Tuesday. Carol got Frank on his cell and had him call me -- he said have him sniff up 1/8 tsp fresh carrot juice up the nostril on the opposite side of where the pain is. If it's on boths sides, sniff both sides. I didn't have juice but I had carrots, so I grated one and squeezed it through a napkin. Had the boy snort the juice and I am not joking, within seconds he was totally relieved of the pain.

That has happened one or two other times, and the carrot juice trick worked then too. I wish I'd known this trick when I had my one and only migraine many many years ago...

Susan thank you for that info about the carrot juice. I get migraines every now and then. I know what you mean about feeling healthy when Frank left....I just never went back. My family hated me "stinking" up the house with those teas....but they worked.

Funny thing is that when we moved to Mexico and had to cross the border in 1997 I had a 6 month supply in those plastic bags and a letter from some official explaining in Spanish (with seal) that they were medicine and legal. Some of the teas looked like cocaine!! :yikes: What an adventure traveling 7 days across Mexico with at least 3 stops a day checking us. :clap:

Hope all goes well for your husband. Keep us informed.

:wave: Kat