• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

For The Health Of It

Beach Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
Yesterday, we were treated to an incredible Lunch by Jenny and Murph. Jenny showed up at our store with a lip smackin selection of Barefoot B-B-Q's fresh goodies. Free-Range Organic Meats done to perfection with sides of Baked Beans, Slaw, and Potato Salad.

The sauces were equally as good and hard to determine which was our favorite. They were all prepared well and each had a unique flavor. Being a spicy food lover, the Hot Lava may have won me over.

It was also really cool to see all ths wonderful food brought over in Environmentally sound Biodegradable Containers. I know they cost a bit more to use, but what a great statement for a restaurant to make.

Barefoot is a must for those who want to support local folks putting out wonderful foods at reasonable prices. We will certainly go there to sit down and highly recommend this cool joint to all foodies.

Thanks for the Treat Jennny and Murph. If I was waring socks yesterday, they would have been knocked offffff......

SneakyPete

Beach Lover
May 8, 2009
Everything sounds so delicious!! I was wondering if you might want to throw some firm tofu on the smoker and sauce it up? We're "mostly vegetarian" (we do eat some fish on occasion) and when our family decides where to eat, we can't go to certain places if there are no vegetarian options on the menu. I know meat is your primary focus (as it should be at a BBQ place) but it might be worth experimentin' with to see if you can come up with something vegetarian that still gives that BBQ experience.

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
Everything sounds so delicious!! I was wondering if you might want to throw some firm tofu on the smoker and sauce it up? We're "mostly vegetarian" (we do eat some fish on occasion) and when our family decides where to eat, we can't go to certain places if there are no vegetarian options on the menu. I know meat is your primary focus (as it should be at a BBQ place) but it might be worth experimentin' with to see if you can come up with something vegetarian that still gives that BBQ experience.

Smacks of some sort of BBQ heresy...:blink:

SneakyPete

Beach Lover
May 8, 2009
Smacks of some sort of BBQ heresy...:blink:

Yeah, I know. But vegetarians eat out too (and spend money too), and it makes sense from a business perspective to have something on the menu for them to eat, and throwing a slab of tofu on the smoker and slapping it with sauce doesn't seem like it would cost much or require a whole lot of effort. We don't eat a lot of tofu or soy products, but I have cooked with smoked tofu some and it's actually quite good for when you're missing the smokey flavor of BBQ. BTW, we went mostly vegetarian because of a family history of lethal colon cancer.

TimeIsFree

Beach Lover
Sep 25, 2008
throwing a slab of tofu on the smoker and slapping it with sauce doesn't seem like it would cost much or require a whole lot of effort.

glad y'all aren't afraid to eat something from the same grill. so many vegetarian's would be against doing that since they might get a few delicious bits of pork lovin in their gullets :D

grilled Portobella mushrooms are a fav at one of ATL's great bbq places, Swallow at the Hollow, Roswell, GA. maybe that's an option?

BeachbumAggie

Beach Fanatic
Jun 6, 2008
Arlington, TX
Hubby and I were thrilled to find Barefoot BBQ still open at 10pm last night. Fast and friendly service, cute t's that I plan to return for to choose in daylight. He ordered pulled pork sliders, potato salad and they fixed up all sauces in to go containers so we could try them all-very nice. Very good que and tator salad and we liked the spicy sauce (others were good but we like some heat!).

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I haven't actually tasted the food yet, but it smells REALLY good and it's nice to see all the people outside eating and enjoying the nice music.

Maybe we could let them be open a couple months before demanding major menu changes? I can certainly understand vegetarians wanting more dining options, but dedicating space and resources to tofu/veggies is a lot to ask from someone trying to get a specialized restaurant going in the current economy.

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
Yeah, I know. But vegetarians eat out too (and spend money too), and it makes sense from a business perspective to have something on the menu for them to eat, and throwing a slab of tofu on the smoker and slapping it with sauce doesn't seem like it would cost much or require a whole lot of effort. We don't eat a lot of tofu or soy products, but I have cooked with smoked tofu some and it's actually quite good for when you're missing the smokey flavor of BBQ. BTW, we went mostly vegetarian because of a family history of lethal colon cancer.

Welll, that is totally understandable. I plan on cooking this thing sometime soon. Anyone want to join me?

Bacon Explosion: The BBQ Sausage Recipe of all Recipes

I'm thinking some Cream of Tums soup will probably be in order following this artery clogging mess.

SneakyPete

Beach Lover
May 8, 2009
glad y'all aren't afraid to eat something from the same grill. so many vegetarian's would be against doing that since they might get a few delicious bits of pork lovin in their gullets :D

grilled Portobella mushrooms are a fav at one of ATL's great bbq places, Swallow at the Hollow, Roswell, GA. maybe that's an option?

Heck, I hadn't even thought of that! I guess I'm a bad vegetarian because I have resolved not to think to much about what goes on behind the scenes at restaurants otherwise I might drive myself crazy, but I imagine that would be a dilemma for some die-hard veggisaurs.

I didn't mean to open a can of soyworms. I guess I just get frustrated that a whole segment of the culinary world is closed to us. Yeah we'll probably live to be happy and healthy 120, but we miss BBQ! Given the alternative, we'll do without the BBQ, but it would be nice to have some flavor choices when we eat out.

On the plus side, I have just purchased a larger smoker, so I've been smoking tofu, tomatoes (!!!!) and cheese. Smoked cream of tomato soup is just...I can't talk because I'm overcome with latent memory euphoria.

sbartoldus

Beach Fanatic
May 19, 2007
Here
www.thirdeyeimages.net
Yesterday, we were treated to an incredible Lunch by Jenny and Murph. Jenny showed up at our store with a lip smackin selection of Barefoot B-B-Q's fresh goodies. Free-Range Organic Meats done to perfection with sides of Baked Beans, Slaw, and Potato Salad.

The sauces were equally as good and hard to determine which was our favorite. They were all prepared well and each had a unique flavor. Being a spicy food lover, the Hot Lava may have won me over.

It was also really cool to see all ths wonderful food brought over in Environmentally sound Biodegradable Containers. I know they cost a bit more to use, but what a great statement for a restaurant to make.

Barefoot is a must for those who want to support local folks putting out wonderful foods at reasonable prices. We will certainly go there to sit down and highly recommend this cool joint to all foodies.

Thanks for the Treat Jennny and Murph. If I was waring socks yesterday, they would have been knocked offffff......

So well said! A big ditto!

I love Barefoot BBQ, Murph and his awesome staff! I am so psyched that I will be able to get my Barefoot fix all winter long. :clap: